Help for european insurance for living in Spain for 12 months (1 Viewer)

Aug 18, 2014
Lorca,Murcia,Spain
Funster No
MH
Transit PVC
Exp
16 years since restarting
Yes ,I agree that it would be better for the Op just to sort out some decent vehicle insurance & not worry too much about the rest.
Links .Here is one from Mid Essex where it states
"No longer resident, means that you have left the country for more than three months"

Eligibility for NHS prescriptions and Living Abroad - NHS Mid Essex ... midessexccg.nhs.uk/your...prescribing...eligibility-for-nhs-prescriptions-and.../file Policy on Medicine Supply for British Nationals Going Abroad and Eligibility for ... If your normal repeat prescription is due whilst you are away, your GP may be.

Cut & paste above into google & it is top link .PDf download. I can't link to mine as it includes my name in download & would allow access to my system. & I don't know how to remove it to send link.

this is still current.
http://webarchive.nationalarchives....dcharges/OverseasVisitors/Browsable/DH_074386

jnn

Free Member
Oct 22, 2016
cheshire
Funster No
MH
van conversion trafic
Exp
nooby
There's lots of info on it online, worth noting the rules for hospital and GP care are different and that there is an important distinction between conditions arising whilst in the UK (on current visit) requiring immediate treatment (may be covered even if not currently resident) and long standing health issues (probably won't be)

It's even in the GP legal regulations that patients must be removed from the list http://www.legislation.gov.uk/uksi/2004/291/schedule/6/paragraph/25/made

Dec 24, 2014
Hurstpierpoint. Mid Sussex.
Funster No
MH
Compass Navigator
Exp
Ever since lighting was by Calor gas.
You'll not be entitled to NHS care (including your repeat prescription) doing that either, you have to be 'normally resident' in the UK
I asked about this at my local health centre this week. The practice manager said not to worry about it and also that in any case they wouldn't even know if I was away for many months at a time or even a year or two, especially as I haven't needed to see a doc since I retired at 60, 11 years ago.

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

Last edited:

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Latest journal entries

Funsters who are viewing this thread

Back