Hello

Discussion in 'Introduce Yourself' started by emberto1946, Apr 12, 2015.

1. emberto1946

emberto1946 Read Only Funster

Hi, I'm a Senior Citizen returning to Motor homes. I come from 40+ years of Caravan experience which followed a few years of building my own Motor homes, usually from Luton Bodied vans. I started with a very narrow wheel based Commer which, after a hairy 'balancing on two wheels on the edge of a long drop' experience on the Isle of Skye due to strong cross winds, was replaced by a Ford Transit. Engine replaced with a Granada V6, Railway Carriage windows (from a friend who worked on the railways) Cooker, Fridge, Toilet and with new front end fitted to accommodate bigger engine the van gave us some grand holidays touring SNP country. However, once the children arrived, this was replaced with a caravan and that's how it has been for almost 40 years until this year. Down in the South of France last year saw me in hospital in Narbonne having further injured an already dodgy back whilst leveling the caravan, so it had to go. A good friend was selling his 2002 Ace Novella Milano motor home and heart overruled head and we bought it. I really wanted a Left Hand Drive because we spend a lot of time abroad. It also had the 'hump' on the roof that I didn't want and the door on the wrong side for European driving but we'll cope. Ex rally driver and speed merchant means I'm looking to give the Fiat Ducato 2.8 JTD engine a bit more Oomph so any experiences of remapping or preferably tuning boxes would be gratefully received. Also any info on faults/niggles to look out for. Nearly 30 years in Mechanical Engineering and a few years in the motor trade mean I am happy to tackle most things and it was whilst researching blanking off the EGR valve that I came across this site.

• Like Like x 2
  2. Jonkil

Jonkil Funster

image.jpg

• Like Like x 2
  3. Rob and Val

Rob and Val Funster

Hi.gif With your pedigree, seems like we'll be asking you more questions than you'll be asking us. Welcome!

• Like Like x 1
  4. parknride

parknride Funster

Welcome to Fun

5. bertiebasset

bertiebasset Funster

Hi and welcome

• Like Like x 1
  6. Momo

Momo Funster

Hi Emberto and welcome to the Fun!:welc::party:

7. Shazrick