emberto1946

Free Member
Apr 12, 2015
Peak District
Funster No
MH
Van Conversion A class
Exp
Hi, I'm a Senior Citizen returning to Motor homes. I come from 40+ years of Caravan experience which followed a few years of building my own Motor homes, usually from Luton Bodied vans. I started with a very narrow wheel based Commer which, after a hairy 'balancing on two wheels on the edge of a long drop' experience on the Isle of Skye due to strong cross winds, was replaced by a Ford Transit. Engine replaced with a Granada V6, Railway Carriage windows (from a friend who worked on the railways) Cooker, Fridge, Toilet and with new front end fitted to accommodate bigger engine the van gave us some grand holidays touring SNP country. However, once the children arrived, this was replaced with a caravan and that's how it has been for almost 40 years until this year. Down in the South of France last year saw me in hospital in Narbonne having further injured an already dodgy back whilst leveling the caravan, so it had to go. A good friend was selling his 2002 Ace Novella Milano motor home and heart overruled head and we bought it. I really wanted a Left Hand Drive because we spend a lot of time abroad. It also had the 'hump' on the roof that I didn't want and the door on the wrong side for European driving but we'll cope. Ex rally driver and speed merchant means I'm looking to give the Fiat Ducato 2.8 JTD engine a bit more Oomph so any experiences of remapping or preferably tuning boxes would be gratefully received. Also any info on faults/niggles to look out for. Nearly 30 years in Mechanical Engineering and a few years in the motor trade mean I am happy to tackle most things and it was whilst researching blanking off the EGR valve that I came across this site.

Dec 27, 2014
Funster No
image.jpg

Rob and Val

Free Member
Oct 17, 2010
Lincolnshire
Funster No
MH
Talbot Compass Calypso
Exp
Since July 2010
Hi.gif
With your pedigree, seems like we'll be asking you more questions than you'll be asking us. Welcome!

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Latest journal entries

Funsters who are viewing this thread

Back