graham_bell

Free Member
Feb 25, 2010
Essex
Funster No
MH
C Class
Hi,

I'm Graham and currently a tugger - but don't hold it against me! We're looking to sell the caravan and "down size" the car to buy a motorhome later in the year. Something we're very excited about.. I'm off to the NEC tomorrow to have a look around - everything will of course be out of our budget, but its nice to look at some I'll maybe be able to afford in about 6 years time :)

At the moment we like the look of any motorhome that has a u shaped lounge a dinette and at least 2 seat belts for passengers. maybe something like a Bessacarr E795 or a Autotrail Apache 700. Having said that I've not looked at either yet and I'm a little nervous about the length (for fitting it on the drive!)
Naturally I'm currently being seduced by the new look cabs, but realistically, it's not within our budget (unless I can sell a child or 2! Or a body part etc etc)

Anyway that's me..

Graham

staging lady

Free Member
Nov 12, 2007
North Wales in the Hills
Funster No
MH
A Class
Exp
6 years but caravan owner in past
Hi and welcome to the site.:Smile:
We did exactly as you are doing. We went to the NEC but it's good to go to see the models at the shows and meet up with funsters there, as there may be better deals. Look on the calender on the front page for dates and places.
Good luck with your search. We started with a u-shaped lounge but make sure you get enough seat belts for these children!::bigsmile:
Lucille

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

Brian and Jo

LIFE MEMBER
Sep 24, 2007
oswestry,shropshire
Funster No
MH
A-Class N+B Arto 88F
Exp
Been motorhoming for 15yrs.had an American RV for 7yrs,Now got a Niesmann Bischoff Arto 88F
hello

hi graham and welcome to MHF:thumb:buying a motorhome will open up another life for you.in my eyes far more practical than a caravan:winky: i used to be a caravanner but im alright now::bigsmile: regards Brian,Jo & Josh:Smile:

hilldweller

LIFE MEMBER
Dec 5, 2008
Macclesfield
Funster No
MH
Zilch Mk1
Exp
From Aug 2007
Naturally I'm currently being seduced by the new look cabs,
Graham

Don't be.

Today is about style and complexity.

A few years back it was more solidity and simplicity.

Just look at how many people are suffering dead batteries because of over complicated electronics.

dellwood33

Free Member
Apr 25, 2009
Newcastle
Funster No
MH
italian crap
Exp
too long
Hi Graham and welcome to the forum ::bigsmile:

Just watched your show about your trek across Canada ::bigsmile:

ourcampersbeentrashed

Free Member
Apr 19, 2008
East London
Funster No
MH
C Class
Exp
well over 5 years
Hi and welcome to fun

There are some great meets and rallies on over the next few months so have a look and join in xxxxxxxx

Peter JohnsCross MH

Funster
Deceased RIP
Jan 5, 2008
East Sussex
Funster No
MH
Autotrail
Exp
Naturally I'm currently being seduced by the new look cabs, but realistically, it's not within our budget (unless I can sell a child or 2! Or a body part etc etc)

Anyway that's me..
Graham

Hi Graham and welcome to FUN, dont offer body parts or you will have queue of buyers with this lot :ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO:

Peter

OP
OP
graham_bell

graham_bell

Free Member
Feb 25, 2010
Essex
Funster No
MH
C Class
Thanks for the warm welcome all...

Hi Graham and welcome to the forum ::bigsmile:

Just watched your show about your trek across Canada ::bigsmile:

Hehe, yes that keeps me busy in the Winter ::bigsmile: Maybe I should get a fully winterised MH.. Actually that's a relatively new one, the early part of my life has been regarding the telephone. Which unfortunately I didn't invent - If only I had a penny for every call made :cry:

A friend did once tell someone that I was the skiing Graham Bell and gave them my email address, which of course only convinced the person more that I was the other one. They duly emailed me asking if I remember speaking to them in Val d'Isere. I was very kind, I didn't play along for too long...Luckily they mentioned my friends name in the email, as he hadn't told me to expect an email!

I do get people ask if I invented the telephone, maybe I look a lot older than I am :RollEyes:

It can be difficult having a conversation with BT, especially if I need to ring up and complain. It's sort of like ringing Virgin Atlantic to complain and then telling them your name is Richard Branson.."Indeed Sir.." They just don't believe you..

Graham

froghopper

Free Member
Nov 29, 2009
winchester
Funster No
MH
c class
Exp
before they were invented
welcome

a very big hello from froghopper and lady, you could do what we did, no big shows or dealers,, went round scrapyards, and caravan breakers,, that way what ever we could afford or get sure as hell had to be better than we had seen,,,:ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO: its more who you travel with,,, and who you meet up with than what you travel in,, a van and matress with a good friend is priceless ,, wellcome, enjoy,, and travel safe:thumb:

Jim

Ringleader
Jul 19, 2007
Sutton on Sea, UK
Funster No
MH
Adria Panel Van.
Exp
Since 1988
Hi Graham, U shaped Lounges are excellent, you can leave them made up if you like, so you have a fixed bed, but the lounge is great space when you need it. Happy hunting and welcome to the fun

Oct 14, 2007
Rochester
Funster No
MH
Auto-Trail Mohawk
Exp
16 fun filled years
Hi Graham

Don't worry about being a tugger we take anyone on board here:ROFLMAO:

Good luck with the search, make sure you look at as many different layouts as you can and dont be shy about setting the sleeping quarters up and having a lie down.

Try and get to a meet even if it's a day visit as there is a wealth of infomation to be had.:thumb:

Sep 29, 2009
East Anglia
Funster No
MH
Roller Team
Exp
Since 2009
Welcome to the Fun. Enjoy the NEC, we have a U shaped rear lounge and centre table and seating with 4 seat belts. Works well that we can sit in the back whilst child and friends can have their own space too.

Hope you head doesnt spin too much from seeing so many makes and models

Dale

Yorkie

Free Member
Nov 12, 2009
Driffield
Funster No
MH
coachbuilt
Exp
5 years
Wish i was going to the NEC :cry:

hello and welcome to the forum of FUNSTERS......

Les & Eleanor

Wildman

Free Member
May 30, 2008
Ilfracombe, Devon
Funster No
MH
Amazon Ambassador
Exp
since 1967
hi Graham welcome to the fun, don't worry about being a tugger, what you do in the privacy of your own home is none of our concern.:ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO: A motorhome is a different way of travelling. More travel and less site sitting. maybe not using a site at all the choice really is yours and the world your oyster. There are lots of bargains out there at the moment and you can find a budget priced van just keep looking. My beast is for sale if you fancy an antique, hee hee. Don't forget to check out the chatroom. and if you get sorted do come along to one of the shows/rallies, even in a caravan if you must, ha ha we don't discriminate.:thumb::thumb::thumb:

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Latest journal entries

Funsters who are viewing this thread

Back