Hello from Steve and Sue from Durham (1 Viewer)

johna

Free Member
Sep 8, 2008
Funster No
Hi, Just thought we would introduce ourselves, we are in our 50's, (early) and just purchased our 1st modern Motorhome, believe it before this we had a 1971 Landliner, which had had some 17 owners in it's life, but had some great times in it, in the 2 years, we owned it, but sadly it has now had its last trip and gone to the big camp site in the sky. Before this we caravaned for many years when the children were small, then when they no longer came with us on holidays, having their own intrests & families, we sold the caravan, and started to travel abroad for several years on the usual package holidays. Then a few years ago a friend was selling his Landliner, we bought it, had a lot of fun with it, and said, as I expect many people do, that in 10 years time when we retire we would buy a new Motorhome and tour the continent. But she that must be obeyed, several months ago said lets go and just have a look at Motorhomes, all to easy, and fatal to the bank balnce, as BrownHills are just down the road, to be honest we have been looking at Motorhomes for the last 2 years, but on this occasion we actually bought one, a 2007 AutoRoller 600G, budget van, as some people call them, but we love it. Yes we have had one or two problems with it, which BrownHills have rectified to their credit, despite some of the bad press they get, I would go back. This year we said we would just tour Britain, and go abroad next year, but guess what? we are off to France in October, to Disney with our van, one of the children, now 25yrs old, his wife and 3yr old daughter, strange old life is'nt it, but looking very much forward to it, Deja Vu, or as the wife would say, Vu Deja. Also I would like to say thankyou for all the advice we have had from you on the Motorhomefun site, on where to stay in Dover and France, and how much we enjoy the frienship and the waves we get on the road. Bye for now. Steve & Sue, can't wait to get abroad next year and tour , staying on the Aires I am reading about at the moment, sounds great, and when Motorhomes really come into themselves, Europe seem to welcome Motorhomes, unlike this country.

Peter JohnsCross MH

Funster
Deceased RIP
Jan 5, 2008
East Sussex
Funster No
MH
Autotrail
Exp
Hi and welcome to Fun and if your down our way in your travels, pop in and say hello:thumb:

Peter

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

oilman

Free Member
Sep 9, 2007
Pembrokeshire
Funster No
MH
C Class
Exp
15 months
Hi Steve & Sue
We ventured into France for the first time this year and, as you say, is motorhome friendly. We joined the France Passion scheme and stayed on several of their sites as well as using Aires. I think it cost £24 to join but, to us, was well worth it

Gwyn

OP
OP
J

johna

Free Member
Sep 8, 2008
Funster No
France Passion Scheme

Hi Gwen, Have not heard of France Passion Scheme before but sounds very intresting, Thanks for the info, much appreciated Steve & SueQUOTE=oilman;102833]Hi Steve & Sue
We ventured into France for the first time this year and, as you say, is motorhome friendly. We joined the France Passion scheme and stayed on several of their sites as well as using Aires. I think it cost £24 to join but, to us, was well worth it

Gwyn[/QUOTE]

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Latest journal entries

Funsters who are viewing this thread

Back