Hello from Southern California... (1 Viewer)

T

TJ-RV

Deleted User
Last time I was on that ferry was on the back of my old man's motorbike. I don't mind telling you that I held my breath going down the ramp.

Never understood why you pay to go into Wales but it's free to come out

That's because the Welsh Assembly finally figured out how to get some compensation for all that water that rains on Wales and is pumped across the border. I never understood how we could be living so close to near-full reservoirs, but would be fined if we turned on a hose pipe.

OP
OP
C

Cricketdaddy

Deleted User
Please dont be put of by what been said as it's mainly anger at the price of fuel in the UK thats rising still sadly.

John,

Thanks for the kindness. I'm too defensive. Apologizing for everything has become the national pastime in the states.

Everybody on this board is friendly and fun. I'm enjoying it very much.

a 5 liter box of Californian Zinfandel costs me around $9.00 in CVS, Wallmart or similar stores. Over here the same brand in a 3 liter box costs £16.00 ($30.00) in Asda which is, incidentally, owned by Wallmart!

Lindy,

I'm stunned. I really had no idea. Between the price of fuel and the price of wine you can't afford to drive yourself to drink! :cry:

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

Last edited by a moderator:

Road Runner

Free Member
Jul 26, 2007
Europe
Funster No
MH
yes
Exp
Since before Motorhomefun
Health care free for all in Wales.

That so long as you can get a decent GP:Doh::cry:

To be honest quite happy here, it just when any rallies are planned it's usually in central england and it cost an arm and a leg to get to them and that why I am going LPG.

L

Lindy-C

Deleted User
Lindy,

I'm stunned. I really had no idea. Between the price of fuel and the price of wine you can't afford to drive yourself to drink! :cry:

Can't afford to drink and drive either.....in case I spill any! :ROFLMAO: :ROFLMAO:

Anyways.....goodnight guys, I need my Beauty sleep..............off to do some California Dreaming! :winky:

T

TJ-RV

Deleted User
... it just when any rallies are planned it's usually in central england and it cost an arm and a leg to get to them ....

Why not attend rallies in your new found land? My parents belonged to the SWCC for many years and none of their rallies were held in England. Take a look at the attachment - an actual rally badge I salvaged from my parents' house and popped in the scanner.

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

Attachments

• swc_badge.jpg
    swc_badge.jpg
    46.7 KB · Views: 23

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Latest journal entries

Funsters who are viewing this thread