Hello from Scotland

Discussion in 'Introduce Yourself' started by DonA4000, Jul 23, 2013.

1. DonA4000

DonA4000 Funster

Hello from Scotland

I just found this site today and signed up as it looks great and very informative. My wife and I are thinking of getting our first motorhome and packing away the tent so I'm now spending a lot of time reading up on different types of M/H on the internet and buying the well known magazines here in the UK. We also took a trip out to a big dealership up here in Scotland spending a few hour in and out all of the M/H, other family members have a motorhome and for the last few years and make regular trips to Europe spending longer time away and very much enjoying the life style.

What we've found so far is there's lot's to choose from and to take into consideration, we're looking to get 4 birth with 4 seat belts, low profile with maybe pull down bed, good kitchen layout and decent size oven/grill, 3500kg limit and decent personal payload, 6 to 6.5m length keeping the width low 2.3m or less, hopefully a well made and reliable make with great aftercare service. I'm sure there'll be more to add to the list Smile Also I have found that there are a few new models that are coming out any time now and I'm looking forward to seeing the latest spec Smile

Thanks for now :thumb:
    DonA4000

• Like Like x 2
  2. dylan

dylan Read Only Funster

Hello and welcome :Smile::thumb:

3. Brisey

Brisey Funster Life Member

Hi Don, welcome to MotorhomeFun.:welcome:
    :flyingwelcome:

4. JOHNSTEY

JOHNSTEY Read Only Funster

Welcome.Sounds to me like you should be looking for a Knaus!!:thumb:

5. scousebird

scousebird Funster

Hello :thumb:

6. davidbaldam

davidbaldam Funster

Welcome to the FUN and you have come to the right place for advise. :thumb:

7. lorger

lorger Funster

Hi and welcome from SW Scotland.

8. hilldweller

hilldweller Funster Life Member

Auch aye the noo.

9. camocam1

camocam1 Read Only Funster

Welcome to the fun
    If that dealership is between Perth & Dundee have spent many a weekend looking at the vans on offer BUT always found them expensive lots of good smaller dealerships but enjoy looking but don't rush into anything

10. carsan

carsan

Hi and welcome to motorhome fun hope you get what your looking for, good hunting.

11. DonA4000

DonA4000 Funster

Thanks for the warm welcome :Smile: I'll certainly be taken my time in getting the right motorhome which those Knaus' s look good :Cool: and will seek out some more dealerships to go and visit.

Don :thumb:

12. JOHNSTEY

JOHNSTEY Read Only Funster

We bought our first van from them and it was a mistake that lasted an expensive 6 months.We were inexperienced and thought the most important thing was to stick local.Our next purchase involved a round Britain tour and we finally got our van in Nottinghamshire and have had no problems and after two years are still delighted with it!:thumb:

13. DonA4000

DonA4000 Funster

Thanks, that's good to know as I was thinking best stay local just in case anything went wrong and having to travel the country to get it fixed but what's more important in our decision will be customer aftercare service as its such a big ££ purchase you want to have that reassurance even if its never used :Smile:

Do we have a thread on here appraising dealers aftercare / service (not a complaints as I could see how this may not be aloud? ) :Wink:

:thumb:

14. WAG2CRU

WAG2CRU Read Only Funster

Greetings from Argyll, when were looking, there was a similar van to the one we eventually bought at a dealer in Scotland, I would have been happy to purchase the one they had in stock but they simply would not negotiate a sensible deal, I ended up buying one in the West Country.
    It is now booked into the local dealer for its 1st service and I am assured by both dealers that they could deal with any warranty work should anything be required as that is part of the dealership agreement with Hymer. I understand this may not necessarily the case with other manufacturers.

On another subject ie New MH's and quality issues, 11 months and 11400 miles faults list.

1) nylon cupboard door stay failed.
    2) one floor level led failed.
    3) one led running light failed.