Free Member
Dec 14, 2016
Perthshire
Funster No
MH
Panel van conversion
Exp
1 year
I bought my first motorhome just over a year ago, choosing a panel van conversion well suited to wild camping all year round. It's great as a base for outdoor activities. I've spent 77 nights in it so far, less than a third on campsites, while travelling around Scotland and some other parts of the UK (will head abroad in 2017).

Sometimes I travel with my partner, but more often alone or just with our dog. Britstops is a brilliant scheme as it gives much more freedom in where to stop, so I only need to visit campsites for fresh water and disposal (unless they are in a particularly attractive location where I want to stop overnight). It's particularly useful in more highly populated England where I've often found it hard to find anywhere suitable to wild camp.

Looking forward to learning from others' experience on here.

iLondoner

Free Member
Jul 23, 2016
London and Granada Altiplano
Funster No
MH
Autocruise Forte
Exp
Past owner
I'm a newbie to here as well. BritStops was recommended to me, but the 2016 edition has sold out and there's nothing until next Feb. In the meantime I've subscribed to Motorhome Stopover which seems similar, which has nearly 500 sites in England, but only 14 sites in Scotland. Some of the sites in Motorhome Stopover have free grey and black disposal and water filling facilities.

I've toured Orkney and the Outer Hebrides a couple of times on my motorbike, and can't wait to do the same in the motorhome

OP
OP
S

Strathearn

Free Member
Dec 14, 2016
Perthshire
Funster No
MH
Panel van conversion
Exp
1 year
That's a shame iLondoner, but at least it's not too long to wait until the new addition. You've reminded me I'd better buy the 2017 book as soon as it comes out.

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

Sep 5, 2012
Scotland
Funster No
MH
East Neuk Fifer
Exp
since 2012
:pink: From another Scot recently moved just south of the border but try and cross back once a week:xgrin:

lorger

LIFE MEMBER
Jul 11, 2008
Dumfries
Funster No
MH
Knaus Sun 650MEG
Exp
Hi and welcome, we downsized this year to a panel van conversion and love it, like you we wild camp alot

EX51SSS

LIFE MEMBER
Jul 18, 2015
North Manchester
Funster No
MH
Hymer Exsis A Class
Exp
since 2007
images (12).jpg
welcome animated smiley3.gif

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements