kavandaaron

Free Member
Aug 16, 2012
milton keynes
Funster No
MH
dont own one YET
Exp
Hi we are a family from Buckinghamshire who have always camped in a tent on a site. My Husband spent a lot of his childhood wild camping and absolutely loved us and has finally persuaded me to give it ago. We are borrowing his mothers camper in a couple of weeks for a few days just to see how i like it and if all goes well we will being buying our own. I really like the idea of just throwing a couple of bits in the van and disappearing for the weekend/school holidays but im VERY VERY nervous about the safety/security aspect to it. We have two dogs who will be coming with us so that will help a lot but with my children with us i want to know they will be ok. If anyone has any advice or tips on this they will be very much welcome. ::bigsmile:

Apr 27, 2008
Eastbourne East Sussex
Funster No
MH
Hymer low profile
Exp
Since 1972
Welcome

The most important thing is gut feeling., do you feel safe there, if not move on.

Always park so that you can leave if necessary without getting out of the van so don't leave chairs,awnings etc out at night. Use internal screens/curtains rather than external ones and preferably be facing the way you would need to leave.
Lock doors and if your alarm system allows have it armed for the exterior doors without internal motion sensors.

More good advice will follow but as already stated many funsters are at Malvern show this weekend.

OP
OP
K

kavandaaron

Free Member
Aug 16, 2012
milton keynes
Funster No
MH
dont own one YET
Exp
Hello thank you all for the welcome.

Thank you for the advice much appreciated and fingers crossed i have a good few days away then my husband can get his wish of wild camping lol. Poor thing has spent the last 9 years trying to persuade me but i was so reluctant. Not sure what has changed but im getting more and more excited about the idea.

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Latest journal entries

Funsters who are viewing this thread

Back