Haven, absolute bargain (1 Viewer)

Oct 6, 2016
norfolk
Funster No
MH
C class
Exp
No, really folks, my last comment was a joke...
The vast majority of my customers were senior citizens and remained very loyal to me, as I did to them.
I'm quite proud of the fact that they all voiced their dismay when I announced my retirement.

What different lives we lead though; at times my job was quite stressful but when one hears the like of chaser's life,,, well, I had it easy.
You most definitely deserved your week at Haven chaser, of that there's no doubt.

Tootles

Funster
Deceased RIP
Sep 14, 2013
Lancaster
Funster No
MH
Coachbuilt
Exp
Was a newbie, now a Middie.
Keeping hens and pigs I think I am just about immune to any salmonella or ecoli you could throw at me(y):D
Still..............................................I mean, there must be a reason why it's so cheap. :Eeek:

OP
OP
chaser
Feb 16, 2013
uttoxeter
Funster No
MH
ambulance conversion
Exp
50 years
No, really folks, my last comment was a joke...
The vast majority of my customers were senior citizens and remained very loyal to me, as I did to them.
I'm quite proud of the fact that they all voiced their dismay when I announced my retirement.

What different lives we lead though; at times my job was quite stressful but when one hears the like of chaser's life,,, well, I had it easy.
You most definitely deserved your week at Haven chaser, of that there's no doubt.
Not complaining mate, my choice, just the facts(y):)

Louis

LIFE MEMBER
Mar 29, 2016
Anglesey
Funster No
MH
Fiat Ducato Auotrail
Exp
6 Months with motorhome(35 years tugging)
W
Even so £7 a night with all hookups , stay out of the bars , got to be a bargain, cheaper than any cls css, even britstops are dearer if you use the pub.
well quite true :cautious:

Dec 12, 2010
Cumbria
Funster No
MH
C Class
Exp
since 2011
My brother got a cheapo from the Sun a few years ago to Haggerston Castle with his two kids, the entertainment was the visiting Jocks and Geordies re-enacting the battle of Culloden or Bannockburn, not sure which as he didn't stay around for the victory parade. :(

Kingham

LIFE MEMBER
Nov 20, 2016
Kirkcudbright, D&G
Funster No
MH
AS Kingham 2017
Exp
Since 2009
My brother got a cheapo from the Sun a few years ago to Haggerston Castle with his two kids, the entertainment was the visiting Jocks and Geordies re-enacting the battle of Culloden or Bannockburn, not sure which as he didn't stay around for the victory parade. :(
Reason enough for my wheels never to cross their boundary from the A1. I've heard of a few occasions where the boys in blue were invited in after site security lost control.

EX51SSS

LIFE MEMBER
Jul 18, 2015
North Manchester
Funster No
MH
Hymer Exsis A Class
Exp
since 2007
Even so £7 a night with all hookups , stay out of the bars , got to be a bargain, cheaper than any cls css, even britstops are dearer if you use the pub.
But on an equal footing, Brit Stops is cheaper. Certainly seems like a good bargain to me

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

Mar 2, 2013
chandlers ford
Funster No
MH
Astec Devon 2008
Exp
July 2012
Off to Burnham on sea this Friday for 7 nights, best deal I could get was £88.00, same again in mid October, £ 66.00 again seven nights. I normally do unity farm, they always have a stand at the motorhome shows, but the fishing is better at Haven, even though it is extra. This is now the start of my motorhome season, all if possible with a fishing link. Also 2 trips to Waverley on East Cowes IOWight, booked my spot last year, no fishing, but chance to try out my amateur radio equipment.,, and of course 4 of the motorhome shows and a few music festivals, so roll on the good weather.

EX51SSS

LIFE MEMBER
Jul 18, 2015
North Manchester
Funster No
MH
Hymer Exsis A Class
Exp
since 2007
Flippun'eck Borr, an'I fort I ad'ut ard when I woz workun fer masen asssur Leckeethrisun/Plummur,,,
unlee'fing simlur tur yew'un mee Borr is tur milkun,,,,,,,,,
unlee'I warnt milkun cows,,,, jus'mur custurmurs,?!!! :whistle:;):LOL::LOL::LOL:
norfolk2.jpg

Jul 8, 2008
Weymouth, Dorset, UK
Funster No
MH
c build
Exp
24yr
Off to Burnham on sea this Friday for 7 nights, best deal I could get was £88.00, same again in mid October, £ 66.00 again seven nights. I normally do unity farm, they always have a stand at the motorhome shows, but the fishing is better at Haven, even though it is extra. This is now the start of my motorhome season, all if possible with a fishing link. Also 2 trips to Waverley on East Cowes IOWight, booked my spot last year, no fishing, but chance to try out my amateur radio equipment.,, and of course 4 of the motorhome shows and a few music festivals, so roll on the good weather.

scottie have you try northan farm fishing or warren bream

Mr B

LIFE MEMBER
Feb 1, 2015
Yorkshire
Funster No
MH
Rapido 7065ff Design Edit
Exp
Since 2015.......
Blue Dolphin....
Don't leave stuff out at night.......
It will be on the lebberston car boot on Sunday morning:)

Mar 2, 2013
chandlers ford
Funster No
MH
Astec Devon 2008
Exp
July 2012
Thanks 2bob, no but have heard of them both and have friends who have a static at Bristol, I owe them a visit this year, so worth looking at. Many thanks.

zac

LIFE MEMBER
Nov 19, 2013
Basingstoke
Funster No
MH
Rapido A CLass 10000
Exp
since 2013
are there any MH shows on the island? i am surprised the waverley is still going (been there for years, used to sneak in their when i was a kid and that was a long time ago lol). Taking MH over on the ferry costs a packet, i always complain when i go over to meet the family (both my wifes and my parents / kids / grand kids are over there).

Another question, the CS/CL sites do they allow trailers?

Mags52

Free Member
Jun 2, 2010
Melrose Scottish Borders
Funster No
MH
Hymer B774
Exp
Since 2010
You pay your money and take your chance. I'm not a lover off them but just had a great weekend at Seton Sands. (Haven near Edinburgh) £14 for 2 nights euro pitch etc. I concur with others about past experiences but try not to tar them all with the same brush.
We had a great week at Seton Sands last year too. The touring site wardens were on top of things and there was no problem at all with any bad behaviour. We had a hard standing, fully serviced pitch and thoroughly enjoyed it. I think we paid £11 a night.

Jun 16, 2015
Cumbria
Funster No
MH
Swift Sundance 590 RS
Exp
4 years.
We are staying at Haven at Lakeland, in our Motorhome,14 nights for £117.00, EHU, Spotless showers & washroom block with heating, Entertainment passes free, Great site wardens, if help is required with anything they will give you a hand. Food excellent in Mash & Barrel which we use now & again, What more could you ask for!, We are loving it!!:)

Welsh girl

LIFE MEMBER
Nov 7, 2009
Funster No
MH
Globecar
Exp
Since 2004
We booked golden sands in Mablethorpe 4 nights for £30.40 ( strange price) better than a CL.just After the bank holiday end of April. We try to only use them midweek as they do get a but rowdy on weekends. I tried the code that wombles less gave for haven sites but it said that the code was not valid for my holiday chosen.
We booked a long stay in Rhyl, booked on a whim at a motor home show. Never again.it was horrendous. People throwing stones over the wall onto roofs of vans, we moved to the next field , lots of ' travellers' there, weekends were filled with parties late into the night and early morning. We'll never book a long stay again.

Kingham

LIFE MEMBER
Nov 20, 2016
Kirkcudbright, D&G
Funster No
MH
AS Kingham 2017
Exp
Since 2009
It's obvious from the varying accounts that not all of their sites are as bad as some and I think that with the Northumberland site being my closest, I tend to hear more about it, as reported in the media.

I also appreciate that stories of families having a nice time on site, don't tend to make the headlines, but if I word an online search for any of my favourite sites, I don't get a return like this....

image.png

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Latest journal entries

Funsters who are viewing this thread

Back