Has anyone fitted an RAC03 DashCam to their Fiat based MH with Remis blinds? (1 Viewer)

Dec 11, 2011
Nr Hastings, East Sussex
Funster No
MH
AutoTrail Tracker RL
Exp
since 2010
I'm contemplating fitting an RAC03 dashcam (http://www.proofcam.com/rac-03-super-hd-rear-view-mirror-dash-cam-62) but I'm not sure if the concertina Remis blinds will still close. Has anyone already fitted one of these over-mirror devices and can let me know if there is still room to close the blinds without removing the dashcam every time?
Thanks.

mikebeaches

LIFE MEMBER
Feb 22, 2010
Bristol
Funster No
MH
Rapido V68 Van Conversion
Exp
Since 2009
Looks good! (y)

Couple of questions - where/how is the power cable to it routed?

And does it fit easily in/on the current Ducato cab? My van doesn't have an existing interior mirror, although there is like a blanking plug at the centre top of the screen where one would be fitted.

We have Remis blinds, so that point would be relevant to us too.

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

OP
OP
Bill_OR
Dec 11, 2011
Nr Hastings, East Sussex
Funster No
MH
AutoTrail Tracker RL
Exp
since 2010
Couple of questions - where/how is the power cable to it routed?
Mike - I'm planning on getting a local auto-electrician to hard-wire it and I'm hoping that he'll be able to sort that for me.
I currently have one of the dashcams from @Jaws and it's fine - but it's a bit of a pain having to disconnect and remove it every night in order to close the blinds. Hence the logic of getting an 'over-mirror' one. I've just been out to the motorhome to have a look and I suspect that there will be room to close the blinds but I'm hoping someone will be able to confirm that this.

Mar 11, 2014
Lincs
Funster No
MH
PVC
Exp
Since 2010
I have an over mirror dash cam, although not that particular model. The blinds do still close. The cable that came with it was long enough to route over the top of the remis blind, down the side pillar, under the steering column and then into the centre glove box. In the glove box I added a separate 12v supply splitting off from one of the dash 12v supplies.

Jaws

LIFE MEMBER
Sep 26, 2008
Thetford Norfolk
Funster No
MH
C class, Chieftain
Exp
since 2006 ( I think ! )
Mike - I'm planning on getting a local auto-electrician to hard-wire it and I'm hoping that he'll be able to sort that for me.
I currently have one of the dashcams from @Jaws and it's fine - but it's a bit of a pain having to disconnect and remove it every night in order to close the blinds. Hence the logic of getting an 'over-mirror' one. I've just been out to the motorhome to have a look and I suspect that there will be room to close the blinds but I'm hoping someone will be able to confirm that this.
My own camera is mounted on the mirror .. Just used a flat bit of ally.. Screwed it to the top of the mirror and used parts of the cams mount to attach it to the ally..

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

Jun 25, 2016
Ynys MĂ´n, UK
Funster No
MH
2016 Benimar 243
Exp
Since 2016
I fitted a dash cam at the bottom of the screen where there is more space between blinds and screen, still get a good view and easier to hide the wiring.

OP
OP
Bill_OR
Dec 11, 2011
Nr Hastings, East Sussex
Funster No
MH
AutoTrail Tracker RL
Exp
since 2010
The new dashcam arrived yesterday. It's being hard wired tomorrow but I just had to check that it clears the blinds - and it does - phew!
IMAG0094[1].jpg

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Latest journal entries

Funsters who are viewing this thread

Back