Has anybody used RainX on their solar panels? (1 Viewer)

Aug 11, 2019
North Pembrokeshire
Funster No
MH
Knaus Sun TI 700
Exp
A newbie
I have but there doesn’t seem to be my conclusive benefit. Be aware that there are two different products (for plastic and for glass) and use the appropriate one for your panel.

OP
OP
Two on Tour

Two on Tour

LIFE MEMBER
Sep 16, 2016
Near the junction of the A14 and A1, Cambs
Funster No
MH
Elddis Autoquest 175
Exp
Since 2010
I have but there doesn’t seem to be my conclusive benefit. Be aware that there are two different products (for plastic and for glass) and use the appropriate one for your panel.

I was thinking that the beading would clear the water into ....... beads giving sunlight quicker access to the panel and maybe the beads of water may act as little magnifying glasses. :think:

Yes, I have both RainX for glass and plastic.
I have a background in historic car racing and have been using RainX for 30-odd years on race car windscreens and my own vehicles.

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

Sep 17, 2017
Birmingham, UK
Funster No
MH
A-Class
Exp
Unless it's catching more light, the magnifier effect won't make any difference. If the shadow of the panel is the same size, it's not helping. A benefit might be that if the rain runs off easier, it'll not dry on the surface, leaving behind less deposits. But as the panel is probably pretty level, it probably won't help much.

PP Bear

LIFE MEMBER
Apr 5, 2013
Kent, UK
Funster No
MH
Auto Trail Dakota SE
Exp
Would a good wax be as good as the water would be blown off using both when travelling 🤷🏼‍♂️

OP
OP
Two on Tour

Two on Tour

LIFE MEMBER
Sep 16, 2016
Near the junction of the A14 and A1, Cambs
Funster No
MH
Elddis Autoquest 175
Exp
Since 2010
But as the panel is probably pretty level, it probably won't help much.

Are, but it will help those that claim that they are only worried about how level they are when their wine does not stay in the glass. ;) :giggle:

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Latest journal entries

Funsters who are viewing this thread

Back