Nov 30, 2015
Shropshire
Funster No
MH
A Class Hymer B594PL
Exp
Since 2010
Hi

Just got our Hymer out of storage from her winter sleep and have found we have a problem with the Hab door lock. The van is newish and should be covered by warranty but I would rather fix it ourselves if possible.

I have attached pics of the part causing the issue. The white plastic bit drops too far so that the mechanism disengages meaning that
the door wont latch when you shut it.

Any ideas please?
SAM_1262.JPG
SAM_1263.JPG
SAM_1264.JPG

GWAYGWAY

Free Member
Sep 6, 2014
Dover
Funster No
MH
Hymer ML I 580
Exp
4 years
I do not trust my doorlock on my Hymers so I have added two deadlatchs from Yale at £11 each and abit of fiddling. Very secure with anothe key to secure that access doors, I might even get two more for the garage doors. Only a pity that I cannot get all with the same keys, I had to stamp them L and R. Those plastic one look too weedy for my liking.

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

May 29, 2013
Tyneside
Funster No
MH
Chausson best of Flash 10
Exp
Several years now
I do not trust my doorlock on my Hymers so I have added two deadlatchs from Yale at £11 each and abit of fiddling. Very secure with anothe key to secure that access doors, I might even get two more for the garage doors. Only a pity that I cannot get all with the same keys, I had to stamp them L and R. Those plastic one look too weedy for my liking.

Could you post any pics of this job please ?

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Latest journal entries

Funsters who are viewing this thread

Back