Green environmental sticker for Freiburg - help please. (1 Viewer)

wingman

Free Member
Feb 10, 2013
Romford, Essex
Funster No
MH
Coachbuilt Lo-Profile
Exp
Since 2012
As part of my summer jaunt, I plan to go through and stay in Freiburg. I noted from the campsite blurb that a green sticker is required for the area; one of those Umvelt-Plakette thingies.

There have been threads on here about them, I know, but I have a few supplementary questions......

1. Would this be a sticker for Freiburg only, or is it a national sticker?
2. What's the easiest way to get one before I travel?
3. The local blurb quotes a price of €5 but some of the online prices are €19.50!!

I don't really want to sod about getting one from an outlet whilst there. Any info' greatly received.

Jan 3, 2008
Pakefield, Lowestoft, Suffolk, UK
Funster No
MH
Looking
Exp
It a national sticker for the life of the vehicle you can buy them easily by taking you V5 to a German TUV centre which are in most towns, the equivalent or out MOT station. I paid 5 euros. no examination of the vehicle is needed. You might be able to send for one but thats why the online ones are more expensive. Tourist information offices will tell you where TUV centres are but you can search on google too.

Zigisla

LIFE MEMBER
Oct 24, 2015
Gosport, Hants
Funster No
MH
Sunlight A72
Exp
Getting better month by month.
Dec 12, 2010
Cumbria
Funster No
MH
C Class
Exp
since 2011
Doesn't the colour of the sticker reflect the Euro rating of your engine ? I don't think mine qualifies for green, might be yellow for Euro 4 so probably not allowed into Freiburg or similar. :(

Zigisla

LIFE MEMBER
Oct 24, 2015
Gosport, Hants
Funster No
MH
Sunlight A72
Exp
Getting better month by month.
Doesn't the colour of the sticker reflect the Euro rating of your engine ? I don't think mine qualifies for green, might be yellow for Euro 4 so probably not allowed into Freiburg or similar. :(
Its all on @camoyboy web link above. Each restricted zone has its own restrictions, but green is acceptable everywhere. Euro 4 is a green too though (y)

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

papaken

Free Member
Jan 29, 2013
newcastle upon tyne
Funster No
MH
autocruise star spirit
Exp
I applied a few year ago and received a green sticker with a black 4 on it, that was for my 2003 Autocruiser.

D

Deleted member 29692

Deleted User
Unless you want to drive around a lot you won't need it.

You can get to the Stellplatz without it. This puts you a 5-10 minute stroll from the centre of the town.

The Stellplatz is a commercial one so although not the cheapest has everything you need including outdoor space.

Jun 4, 2016
Colyton
Funster No
MH
Hi top
Exp
5 years
I got mine from Berlin costing €6, I did it by email. I scanned on a copy of my V5 and entered normal payment details. Got it back within 10 days. Valid for all places in Germany.

Moodybrook

Free Member
Jul 7, 2013
Wet and cold place outside of M25
Funster No
MH
4 wheels and a pointy end
Exp
still in nappies
green sticker

Think you only need them if you intend to drive into or through the town centres ? why would you ? I didn't and no one ever mentioned it.

Freiburg is so well served with buses and trams (the brown painted ones, the trams, are vintage jobbies, which run in between the regular service ones, and they are Free). We were there May 2015 loved it. Centre for Black forest, market in town centre, I think it is on every day.
Good golf course, so what's not to like !! We stayed at Camping am Moslepark site, facilities and restaurant (if needed) were best I have ever seen.
DSC_4297.JPG

glenn2926

Free Member
Sep 11, 2012
Gods country
Funster No
MH
Chausson
Exp
newbie hired 3
This maybe a stupid question ( I do ask them a lot) we are going to Germany on the motorbikes in August. Are motorbikes exempt from this sticker thing?

OP
OP
wingman

wingman

Free Member
Feb 10, 2013
Romford, Essex
Funster No
MH
Coachbuilt Lo-Profile
Exp
Since 2012
Thanks for all your replies folks. Much appreciated.

Apr 10, 2015
Australia
Funster No
MH
Big Marlin ,Elnagh, 1998
Exp
Motorhoming Europe since 2009
We stayed in the motorhome aire about 2 kms from the centre. We took our bikes in but there is also public transport. As we didn't drive into the city no sticker was required. Check out our blog post from 2015. We really enjoyed the place and would recommend a visit.

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Latest journal entries

Funsters who are viewing this thread

Back