Great value power source

Discussion in 'Motorhome Chat' started by Swift, Jul 29, 2011.

1. Swift

Swift

For some reason Best Buy are selling these off, I have one and it charges my laptop which I rarely use now due to the ipad, but will also power the iPad for 2 full charges, plus phones and other stuff, check out the details in the attached link, price includes free delivery :Wink:

http://www.bestbuy.co.uk/product/1000117522/powergorilla.aspx

The Gorilla and other of their products and prices can be seen here, so shows the saving https://www.powertraveller.com/iwantsome/primatepower/powergorilla/

• Like Like x 1
  2. Reallyretired

Reallyretired Funster

For what it is it seems expensive. Not sure what I would use it for. I don't have an ipad but do have a 2.1A usb adaptor to fit a lighter socket at £2.99 which would charge it if I had one:Cool:

3. Heyupluv

Heyupluv Read Only Funster

I agree I use one similar to this 12V Universal In Car Laptop Power Charger Adapter....I can charge my lap top or netbook or I can run it without the battery for £7.88.... I run from the hab battery or cab battery ???? why would I want one of those powergorilla at £89.97 even though it is reduced !!! WHAT:Doh:...for a extra 2 to 5 hours and then you have to charge that up from the MAINS !!!:Rofl1::Rofl1::Rofl1::Rofl1:

http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/12V-Unive...erSupplies&hash=item1e616c789d#ht_10653wt_996

Mel:thumb:

Last edited: Jul 29, 2011
  4. Reallyretired

Reallyretired Funster

Yes I have one of those as well, works fine. Mine was a few quid more from Maplins but looks identical.

5. Jaws

Jaws Funster Life Member

I paid £4.95 plus a couple of quid postage for a universal charger that plugs in to the lighter socket .. came with all the different plugs, charges all types of laptops from 14v to 19v

• Like Like x 1
  6. Heyupluv

Jaws .....Now you have a good eye for a Bargain..... I wish I had spotted it, but the one I have was around that price a £5er:thumb::Rofl1::Rofl1::Rofl1:...£89.97 for 2 to 5 extra hours WHAT!!! HELLO!!:Doh::Rofl1::Rofl1::Rofl1:

7. GJH

GJH Funster Life Member

I got one on eBay for 99p - but I had to pay £6.99 on top for postage :Smile:

By my reckoning I saved £81.99 and have all the flexibility mentioned above :BigGrin:

8. scotjimland

scotjimland Funster Life Member

ahh yes.. but you forgot the cost of the camper to plug it into.. :Wink:

The Gorilla is for those who can't afford a camper and use public transport .. :Laughing:

I just remembered..:Eeek: that's me, where can I buy one cheap .. :cry:

9. GJH

GJH Funster Life Member

:Rofl1::Rofl1:

10. Heyupluv

Jim don't worry:Doh:........Just look for Smudger (Derek) he has 8 solar panels and 10 batteries....he also said he is getting a couple more solar panels on the winnie if he has any roof left,...also another panel and battery on his James trailer...for the wheel moovers....you will not have to look far as he will be lit up like Blackpool...just plug in:Wink: and that is not all he has!!!! the 6 inboard gennies and the the remote gennie with dodgy fob:BigGrin:.......well I hope he parks next to me ..........I will have nice extension cable ready.....but I will need to check for reverse polarity:Rofl1::Rofl1::Rofl1::Rofl1::Rofl1::Rofl1:in case Derek has spiked it:RollEyes::Wink:

• Like Like x 1