Free Member
Jan 21, 2014
cumbria
Funster No
MH
c class
Exp
since 1988
No can't help, but have spent a lot of time in Montreux, Lausanne and verbier many many years ago. Visiting interlaken and grindelwald etc whilst there. Hitchhiking around and working in hotels. Then we visited lucerne on our travels this year which reminded me how fabulous switzerland is. Would be very interested in a grand tour. Might need to invest in a trailer though to carry enough Swiss francs with us :Eeek:

OP
OP
R

Robert Clark

Deleted User
We did a rail tour of Switzerland last year, was a great trip. It would be interesting to explore at a slower pace

Kool Kroozer

Free Member
Apr 19, 2014
Cannock Staffordshire
Funster No
MH
Low Profile Hobby Premium
Exp
Always learning
off there in a couple of weeks, to be honest i cant wait, i think its the only place i am really looking forward to going - hope i am not disappointed ;)

hilldweller

LIFE MEMBER
Dec 5, 2008
Macclesfield
Funster No
MH
Zilch Mk1
Exp
From Aug 2007
It's one magnificent country. Especially for a hilldweller. I typed this the other day.....

We've been through Switzerland so many times with two wheels and four we must have done them but I cannot recall the details. Sometimes just a case of "that looks interesting" then 30 mins or more labouring in second followed by the same but with smelling brakes.

One must see is Trummelbach Falls. Then the James Bond Spitz Gloria, which they refused to sell us tickets for because the top was in clouds. But nearby is also the unmissable Aguile du Midi in Chamonix. Zermat, Saas Fe tourist traps.

I've always fancied the Jungfraujoch railway but the tickets are eye watering.

This year we did Mugello ( Florence ) and came back north over mountains nearly as good as Switzerland.

So, sorry I can't be more specific but if you want sights to die for you really can't fail in Switzerland.

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

Aug 25, 2009
Newhey
Funster No
MH
Carthago
Exp
Doing it next month. We usually tour Switzerland twice a year late Summer and in the Winter. Carol ordered the Grand Tour book a few months ago so we are hoping to get to the bits we've not seen yet.

OP
OP
R

Robert Clark

Deleted User
Doing it next month. We usually tour Switzerland twice a year late Summer and in the Winter. Carol ordered the Grand Tour book a few months ago so we are hoping to get to the bits we've not seen yet.
How long are you going for?
We thought two weeks in Switzerland and a week getting there and back would be minimum

Aug 25, 2009
Newhey
Funster No
MH
Carthago
Exp
Going for 17 days but we also want to visit some old favourites and we meeting up with friends in zermatt and some other friends near Davos.

Oct 24, 2011
shropshire
Funster No
MH
a class I think
Exp
10 months
Going through Switzerland in June. Morges for a few days then onto Viznau then back to France. Whole meandering trip just about 6 weeks if you include tow stops in UK. Went into Italy over the mountain pass to Italy but found it very tiring with a number of one night stops. Slower this time

Forestboy

LIFE MEMBER
Jul 31, 2007
Forest of Dean
Funster No
MH
A Class Hymer B694 tag
Exp
Been to Switzerland loads of times but hell its expensive. If we were going to tour it properly we'd use the motorbike far too expensive in our tag axle van.

OP
OP
R

Robert Clark

Deleted User
Been to Switzerland loads of times but hell its expensive. If we were going to tour it properly we'd use the motorbike far too expensive in our tag axle van.
Our van is heavy too. But I'm reliably informed by @peterc10 that it's only about 2.50Euro per day to use the roads

Jan 8, 2013
Dronfield - Derbyshire
Funster No
MH
Burstner Lyseo 690G
Exp
Happy FLT since 2011
We have just left Switzerland and it is expensive. Fill up with fuel beforehand. €0.99 in Germany and €1.04 in France. €1.40 + Switzerland per litre.

Judge Mental

Funster
Deceased RIP
Sep 2, 2009
Sarth London
Funster No
MH
Possl 636 FR panel van
Exp
1994 and beyond...

It's only since the £ got so strong against the € (recently fallen through the floor!) that Switzerland has become expensive in comparison.

With the exchange rate it used to be £20-30 a night for a site and meals out seemed expensive until you did Swiss to £ calculation. We have stopped there many times for a week on our way to Italy and for a family of four in high season it was certainly no more expensive then France. The situation now a lot different though!

Ridgeway

LIFE MEMBER
Mar 10, 2012
Lausanne
Funster No
MH
NiBi Arto 85E
Exp
Since 2012
We're still exploring after 10yrs, plenty of places yet to see.

Off to Ticino for the Ascension weekend, probably Locarno.

Things are not expensive in CH as long as you get paid here.....

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Latest journal entries

Funsters who are viewing this thread

Back