Sep

Rally Grand Henham Steam Rally 16th Sept to 19th Sept 2022 (1 Viewer)

Apr 22, 2018
Herts.
Funster No
MH
Adria Coral lowline
We plan to attend on Friday after work, and hope there are still tickets/spaces available.

OP
OP
meanders

meanders

Funster - Life Member
LIFE MEMBER
Jun 28, 2008
Ipswich, Suffolk
Funster No
MH
C class
Exp
Since 2004
We plan to attend on Friday after work, and hope there are still tickets/spaces available.
From the Henham site:
However, if you would like to camp but have not purchased a pass, you can arrive on site anytime after 10am on Friday 16 September (gates close at dusk) and pay for your camping on the gate. Visit our admission page for prices.

If you arrive after dark, you will be directed to a holding area until the morning, There is limited lighting in the campsite and we would therefore advise arriving in daylight.

We can accept card payments on the gate. You will need to enter the site via the Camping/Caravanning gate (Gate E), which is off the A12 and is clearly marked from the road.
I don't think there is any chance of running out of space.

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

Langtoftlad

LIFE MEMBER
Apr 12, 2011
Langtoft, South Lincs
Funster No
MH
WildAx Aurora FB [PVC]
Exp
Since 2015
Have located Kerry & I to a pub stopover in Rumburgh, about 30 mins away from Henham... to be in good time tomorrow.

Are there gates closed overnight?
Wondering about leaving late Sunday night... rather than early Monday.
Would like to be home for the funeral... not critical but...

OP
OP
meanders

meanders

Funster - Life Member
LIFE MEMBER
Jun 28, 2008
Ipswich, Suffolk
Funster No
MH
C class
Exp
Since 2004
I would have thought not but can't be certain. They will be open until dusk as a minimum. We will be leaving Sunday afternoon/evening as we are fronting a screening of the funeral in our village hall.

Langtoftlad

LIFE MEMBER
Apr 12, 2011
Langtoft, South Lincs
Funster No
MH
WildAx Aurora FB [PVC]
Exp
Since 2015
No worries, I'll play it by ear.
Don't want to miss any of the Steam Fair event.
Its just I'm more of a drive through the night type, rather than get up early.

Really looking forward to it.

Jan 30, 2020
Mid Bedfordshire
Funster No
MH
RS Endeavour
Exp
Just a tad..
I’ve got similar challenges. I note it’s a 10.30 leave time on Monday. I’m not going then! We are off to another location between Henham and Lincoln, but I don’t want to leave the site for the next site until after the Queens funeral….

Lee Fryer

LIFE MEMBER
Aug 21, 2014
Eastleigh
Funster No
MH
Coach built CI Carioca 15
Exp
Since June 2012
I’ve got similar challenges. I note it’s a 10.30 leave time on Monday. I’m not going then! We are off to another location between Henham and Lincoln, but I don’t want to leave the site for the next site until after the Queens funeral….
If you want your dog pound, you had better turn up, as it is to big for me to keep in my van until Lincoln, as I am going on after Henham, I will have to unload it as soon as I arrive to make a cup of tea.:LOL::LOL:

OP
OP
meanders

meanders

Funster - Life Member
LIFE MEMBER
Jun 28, 2008
Ipswich, Suffolk
Funster No
MH
C class
Exp
Since 2004
If they insist you leave, it's a short drive to Southwold where you can park in the pier carpark.

However, I expect the 10:30 is a target not a deadline. I will see if I can find out.

Jan 30, 2020
Mid Bedfordshire
Funster No
MH
RS Endeavour
Exp
Just a tad..
If you want your dog pound, you had better turn up, as it is to big for me to keep in my van until Lincoln, as I am going on after Henham, I will have to unload it as soon as I arrive to make a cup of tea.:LOL::LOL:

I will be there tomorrow Lee!! 👍🏻😎

Thanks again for picking them up for me! 👌👏🏻

Jan 30, 2020
Mid Bedfordshire
Funster No
MH
RS Endeavour
Exp
Just a tad..
If they insist you leave, it's a short drive to Southwold where you can park in the pier carpark.

However, I expect the 10:30 is a target not a deadline. I will see if I can find out.

Ta! I really don’t think it would be too unreasonable to leave post funeral and I’m sure everyone else will be absorbed with proceedings too!!

OP
OP
meanders

meanders

Funster - Life Member
LIFE MEMBER
Jun 28, 2008
Ipswich, Suffolk
Funster No
MH
C class
Exp
Since 2004
I have just received the following response from the organisers to the following queries:

1. Do the gates close for exiting vehicles at dusk please? Specifically, a question for Sunday when someone wants to get a few hours rest before driving to Lincolnshire overnight to be able to watch the funeral of HM Queen Elizabeth.
  2. Given the 11am start time to the funeral, are people able to stay in their vans and watch it before departing later in the day please? Two are booked in on sites but can’t arrive before 2pm.
Hi Robin

There are no restrictions on leaving the site at any point however we have to have all camping vehicles off the site by 10am on Monday - this enables the crew to clean the site, which we have to return to the landowners by mid-week.

So people will be able to leave (and most usually do) on Sunday evening however we are expecting a few more people than usual to stay on Sunday night due to the Bank Holiday. But unfortunately, we do need all campers to be off site by 10am on Monday.

Many thanks
Karla.

Jan 30, 2020
Mid Bedfordshire
Funster No
MH
RS Endeavour
Exp
Just a tad..
I have just received the following response from the organisers to the following queries:

1. Do the gates close for exiting vehicles at dusk please? Specifically, a question for Sunday when someone wants to get a few hours rest before driving to Lincolnshire overnight to be able to watch the funeral of HM Queen Elizabeth.
  2. Given the 11am start time to the funeral, are people able to stay in their vans and watch it before departing later in the day please? Two are booked in on sites but can’t arrive before 2pm.

Thanks for checking Robin. Will have to play it by ear then… can’t get over to the next stop off without leaving very early and don’t fancy a lay-by or service area to watch the ceremony from, so depending on the topography of the site, we may just have to find a quiet corner of the site for the funeral period. I’m sure there will be somewhere, even if we have to pull off the camping ground. I shall employ full ‘charm’ mode with the ‘officials’! 🤪

With respect to your other suggestion, I do know the car park, just to the left of the pier at Southwold, but my recollections (6 years since last there) are it’s a relatively small and a tight entrance… I will have the toad and I’m 9.35m and 7.3T, so not desperately easy to park up…

Oct 30, 2016
Colchester
Funster No
MH
Le voyageur 8.5
Exp
On 3rd van so not a total newbie....
Anyone here yet?

We've just arrived and they have parked us but not sure it is correct?

OP
OP
meanders

meanders

Funster - Life Member
LIFE MEMBER
Jun 28, 2008
Ipswich, Suffolk
Funster No
MH
C class
Exp
Since 2004
With respect to your other suggestion, I do know the car park, just to the left of the pier at Southwold, but my recollections (6 years since last there) are it’s a relatively small and a tight entrance… I will have the toad and I’m 9.35m and 7.3T, so not desperately easy to park up…
It's not the entrance that's an issue as plenty of room because buses and coaches park there, its the parking on the road leading to it that can cause an issue. I suspect it would be quiet Monday though.

You may have gone into the overflow area which does have a tight gate.

Langtoftlad

LIFE MEMBER
Apr 12, 2011
Langtoft, South Lincs
Funster No
MH
WildAx Aurora FB [PVC]
Exp
Since 2015
A few here already
20220916_120147_copy_800x450.jpg

Showers & sunshine
Just scurried inside, as a squall passes through

Steve and Denise

LIFE MEMBER
Sep 26, 2011
Spalding LINCS
Funster No
MH
A Class Carthago
Exp
Since 2008
Oh delightful
Not only a gennie but hook up lead coiled on reel

View attachment 665257

Parked almost in front of me (but not a funster I hasten to add)
Hope he uses the genie with 'discretion'... it's not running now.
Well he is being discreet 🤣 but that electric element will keep you warm later 👍 go and tell him he may not know🙂

Swifter

LIFE MEMBER
Jul 28, 2020
Herefordshire, UK
Funster No
MH
C Class
Exp
Since 2019
Oh delightful
Not only a gennie but hook up lead coiled on reel

View attachment 665257

Parked almost in front of me (but not a funster I hasten to add)
Hope he uses the genie with 'discretion'... it's not running now.
Worth a chat to see what he needs to power . Could be a lithium leisure battery would be a better off grid option for him .

Apr 22, 2018
Herts.
Funster No
MH
Adria Coral lowline
You should see the toss..

Actually I won’t say anything as I’m in the Funster area

🤫🤫🤫🤫
😜😜😜😜

Feb 19, 2018
EAST ANGLIA
Funster No
MH
Murvi Morello
Exp
Since 1975
Cool last night but at least the rain stopped the dust from blowing, sunny this morning 😄

OP
OP
meanders

meanders

Funster - Life Member
LIFE MEMBER
Jun 28, 2008
Ipswich, Suffolk
Funster No
MH
C class
Exp
Since 2004
Hi all. Just had confirmation that there are no recycling facilities here. They ask that you take it home if you can please General waste can be dropped in any of the bins.

Robin

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Latest journal entries

Funsters who are viewing this thread

Back