GPS Tomtom Go 1000 & Garmin nüvi 1695

Discussion in 'GPS Navigation' started by Heyupluv, Aug 22, 2011.

1. Heyupluv

Heyupluv Read Only Funster

Does anybody have any of these two sat navs Tomtom Go 1000 & Garmin nüvi 1695... there views and feedback would much be appreciated...or any other sat nav around the same price
    Thank you Mel:thumb:

2. chrisboyo

chrisboyo Funster

Love my Tom Tom, it may not be the most up to date, but very easy to use and resets itself if you go off route very quickly :BigGrin:

Hate my Garmin nuvi, very poor speaker, slow to open and set up but very accurate
    If you go off route it takes it,s time recalculating:Angry:

So no contest for me
    I just keep the Garmin as a back up

Happy Daze
    chrisboyo

• Like Like x 1
  3. Heyupluv

Hi chrisboyo, I have TomTom already and yes its great....I also have a very old Garmin quest 2 that is now very limited, also I have to keep changing the the countries with map source as it has limited memory and of course well out of date...(I had a Acer, that was the biggest load of rubbish I have ever purchased, and one from a supermarket over here in France just for France that was no good so the two sat navs, the supermarket one and the Acer have gone in the dustbin....
    The two models, I wanting feedback if possible from funster's who use them, Or others in the same price range
    As I need one for the car and one for the Motorhome to save me keep changing/removing one to the other....:thumb:

4. JJ

JJ Funster

I don't know about the Garmin Mel... but the TomTom 1000 PLUS LIVE I find superb.

The Google live search is so useful... I am trundling down the road and want a burger, a supermarket, a chemist, a "whatever"... tap in the request and the options are there in front of you with the distances to them and, of course, the offer to lead you there should you so wish...

Brilliant...

Mind you you have to pay €40 a year(ish) for these (and other) services so it might hurt your natural inclination to keep your cash in your piggy bank...:Rofl1: :Rofl1: :Rofl1:

Maybe the Garmin offers this as well... I do not know nor care to find out because for me... TOMTOM ROOLS :thumb:

JJ :Cool:

5. Heyupluv

Thanks JJ speak to you soon:thumb:...........Mel

6. wizzer59

wizzer59 Funster

Isn't it funny I have two Garmins and one TomTom, love the garmins but find the tomtom slow and painful to use, ah well:Doh:

Tim