Free Member
Aug 26, 2016
Devon
Funster No
MH
Elddis Majestic 125
Exp
Totally new.. I need information!!
Hi... I've just my first Motorhome and will travel down to the Algarve in November 2016... Is there any advice anybody can offer? I'm sure there's plenty of experienced Motorhomers that have learnt by making mistakes eh? Any contributions gratefully received!!!!!

Feb 10, 2013
plymouth
Funster No
MH
Sprinter
Exp
off and on 30 years
Roads not very good take care but enjoy it

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

OP
OP
Dave Alford

Dave Alford

Free Member
Aug 26, 2016
Devon
Funster No
MH
Elddis Majestic 125
Exp
Thanks... How about internet connections and TV signals? Is there any kit that I should know about?

Riverbankannie

LIFE MEMBER
Mar 11, 2016
Bristol
Funster No
MH
IH 630 RL PVC
Exp
image.gif
Check current motorway vignette requirements in Portugal. Not sure if they are now chasing up UK drivers who do not have one.
Get ACSI camping card for discounted site fees.

OP
OP
Dave Alford

Dave Alford

Free Member
Aug 26, 2016
Devon
Funster No
MH
Elddis Majestic 125
Exp
Thanks for that... I'd had to look up what a 'motorway vignette requirement' was but by that I take it you're talking about the A22... I always used the N125 route in my car... No charges there!

tonka

LIFE MEMBER
Jul 2, 2008
Cannock, Staffs
Funster No
MH
A class Burstner 800
Exp
Since 2000
http://www.motorhomefun.co.uk/forum/forums/portugal.279/

Have a read in the Portugal section.. I am sure you will find most info already there...
If you join as a full member, £15 a year, you will have access to more of the forum and any questions you need to ask either before you go or while you are down there can be done..
I've not been as yet..

Safe trip.. and enjoy

May 8, 2016
silver coast, portugal
Funster No
MH
C Class: Low profile
Exp
Boatie for 20 years
Hi Dave and welcome

A very broad question, and best to take a good look at the Portugal section first.

Worth researching the toll road system, which is "interesting" in terms of payment.

Also you will need to check out gas cylinder compatibility.

Take brolly and ponchos. Hopefully not needed, but better to have and not use than to need and not have.

As it sounds like you have driven out there already, then you'll know about the Portuguese driving standards. Generally I've found them quite accommodating to M/H drivers, but they're generally pretty suicidal

If you're planning on any wild camping, best check the area beforehand, you'll miss "Festa" season, but when the Portuguese party then they usually do so at full volume and extremely late.

Safe travels and good luck with the new M/H

JJ

Mágica
May 1, 2008
Quinta Majay, Pinheiro Bordalo, Portugal
Funster No
MH
Burstner Privilege T
Exp
over 50 years
Welcome.

It makes me laugh reading on Fun that it often rains here in Portugal...

Last year we had a drought and had no serious rain for month after month after month.

The water in the lakes at Pego, Malcata and Arade was really low.

I am now sitting in my small orchard, in Central Portugal, with both its wells bone dry.

Jeeez how I would love some rain.

Am thinking of getting out my old cricket whites... sticking three sticks into the ground and taking guard... in the old days that often brought rain.

JJ :cool:

May 8, 2016
silver coast, portugal
Funster No
MH
C Class: Low profile
Exp
Boatie for 20 years
Been dry over here near Caldas, plenty of fires, but it was a wet start to the summer around here and no mistake

No cricket for the next couple of weeks, please, we're off exploring around your way

Jan 29, 2014
Scunthorpe
Funster No
MH
Autotrail Apache
Exp
July 2013
Nar stay at home your pounds worth nothing, sites and aires will be full of Foreigners. Bottle of beer will cost you 85cents upwards weather can be crap why any one would want to go I just dont know,
see ya all in jan.

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Latest journal entries

Funsters who are viewing this thread

Back