Going on from last week

Discussion in 'Motorhomes for the Disabled' started by slobadoberbob, Oct 23, 2011.

1. slobadoberbob

slobadoberbob Read Only Funster

Firstly thank you for all the various support I got over a post I put on about the MMM disabled suppliment.

No I never did get the email, even after saying so on the forum.. Same with no phone call.

Anyway, to day I was cleaning a model Z gauge railway board I have been building..always nearly finished 5 years on.. cobb webs and other bits and bobs removed with the help of the air compressor.

I came across where I had put various dates when I was building it and an odd quotes.. but I came across one I had written 4 years back and I thought I would share it with you.

'Disabled by the will of god

Handicapped by peoples ignorance'

Profound thought.... but even 4 years on it is still the same. Lots of lip services but little real action.

No offence ment to anyone, just sharing a thought.

Bob

• Like Like x 7
  2. muz

muz Read Only Funster

like you said bob,handicapped by ignorance.yes through someone elses ignorance i am hadicapped,disabled.knackered,whatever you want to call it,still buggered.muz:Angry:

• Like Like x 1
  3. sedge

sedge Funster

Yes Bob - I agree with you. You know the DDA/Equality Bill?

How come so many employers totally get away with breaching it?

Oh, hang on - I think I might know the answer to that one! - maybe it's because it drives the disabled to mental breakdowns, thus meaning they'd just as likely to be in a fit state to take em to a Tribunal as you your good self would, to run in the 100m at the 2012 Olympics?

4. JJ

JJ Funster

I find it impossible to believe that a god willed your tragic misfortune on you, Bob... if he/she did... what sort of god would that be?

However, I find it totally believable that people's ignorance handicaps you...:Angry:

Spending some time travelling with Smudger...

a) made me furious at a huge range of inconsiderations which made life so un-necessarily difficult for him and...

b) ashamed of myself that I had never thought about these before...

JJ :Cool:

• Like Like x 4