Glen Shee New Year

Discussion in 'Motorhome Chat' started by Red Dragon, Oct 3, 2012.

1. Red Dragon

Red Dragon Funster

Toying with the idea of Glen Shee(Scotland) over the New Year week,anybody done that area?
    Can you park at the Ski centre? or would we have to use the CC site at Braemar and then use the van as our transport to and from the ski slopes everyday.
    Or any other suggestions,many thanks:thumb:

2. DESCO

DESCO Read Only Funster

Hi

Can't be sure but am certain that I have seen no camping signs around the parking area.

CC site at Braemar is fully equipped with drying rooms etc., would seem a good site for snow, but have never used at that time of year.

3. Nethernut

Nethernut Read Only Funster

How about Glencoe instead, they have a campsite near the sites. Think it is only £15 including hookup a night, as it is so new there may be vacancies for New Year. Braemar tends to be heavily booked in advance for the New Year period!!

4. camocam1

camocam1 Read Only Funster

would suggest best to find a site where you can get a bus up to the ski slopes as not the best of roads for MH if we get good snow fall

5. camocam1

camocam1 Read Only Funster

just a though what about Cairngorms as am alternative, great campsite at glenmore and bus stop right out side

6. Red Dragon

Red Dragon Funster

Many thanks Nethernut
    Had a look at glencoe and yes its a possible not sure how far away the Motorhome/caravan site is from the actual base station but can always send them an email.
    Thanks Camocam for the heads up on Aveimore will have a look at that site on the internet,I suppose most places will be very busy over the holiday period.:thumb:

Last edited: Oct 3, 2012
  7. petensal

petensal Funster

We stayed in the main carpark at Glen Shee for 3 nights in mid January 11. There were 3 other units there at the same time, no one bothered us.

I think it may be tolerated at quiet times as i'm sure they need the business but i wonder if things would be different at peak times ie New Year in Scotland.

Have fun and let us know how you get on

Pete :Smile:

8. haganap

haganap Funster Life Member

We have used glencoe cairngorns (Aviemore) and glenshee and stopped overnight at the car parks (furnicular) along with others without a problem. Although the roads are not great to Scotlands resorts, we have never had a problem.

If you go to www.motorhomeski.co.uk you will see a few reviews we have done for the scot resorts.

We however are getting prepared to head to the French alps for Feb half term :thumb:

9. Red Dragon

Red Dragon Funster

Many Thanks Paul:thumb:
    We also want to go to Val Thorens but at the moment have a problem getting the amount of time we need off,from our school jobs:Sad:

• Like Like x 1
  10. haganap

haganap Funster Life Member

Be great if you could make it. we have 4 or 5 at the moment, going February half term, pm me if you want further details.