Glastonbudget

Discussion in 'Motorhome Chat' started by ericonabike, May 25, 2014.

1. ericonabike

ericonabike Read Only Funster

Are/were any Funsters at this festival in Leics? Writing this from home, as we left today, having got cold feet re exiting the site along a single corridor across the fields. Tomorrow I would estimate some 500 vehicles, cars as well as cars+caravans and motorhomes, will be attempting to leave via the same route. When I left it was already really badly cut up following some 24 hours of rain. I was able to leave the van in second, foot off, and let it drive itself off, but if I'd had to stop I'd have been in difficulties on some sections. Would be interested to hear from any other Funsters. As it was a shame to leave on the sunniest day - would like to think I made the right decision!

2. Brisey

Brisey Funster Life Member

Hi ericinabike, there were two other Funsters in attendance at Glastonbudget. Namely Grasscutter and ourselves. The sun has been out all day here with a drying wind. The exit roads have dried out considerably during the day. Grasscutters left about 30 minutes ago and drove off without any problems, hopefully it will be the same for us in the morning. There is some really serious mud in the arena area where it is some 4 - 5 inches deep. We have had a great time here at Glastonbudget, we have listened to some really good bands and feel like we have really experienced a true festival.
    Brisey.

• Like Like x 1
  3. daisy mae

daisy mae Read Only Funster

My Grandson was going his first festival, haven`t heard how he got on yet. sounded good, it is not far from me.

4. ericonabike

ericonabike Read Only Funster

Glad you enjoyed it Brisey, me too! Best of luck for tomorrow's exit, let us know how you get on.

5. grasscutter

grasscutter Funster Life Member

When I left tonight the ground was certainly much firmer than this morning.
    Just seen the forecast for tomorrow morning and it looks OK.
    Good luck getting out Brisey, and thanks for a great weekend.
    My favourites must be Mercury (Queen tribute) and the Bootleg Beatles. :thumb:

• Like Like x 1
  6. Brisey

Brisey Funster Life Member

We were up early this morning, leaving the camping area at 6-30 am. We had no rain during the night and the driveways were quite firm. Drove off through 3 fields without any problems, rain is forecast for this morning which should make things interesting for those still on site.
    Brisey.

• Like Like x 1