Getting solar panels fitted in Spain (1 Viewer)

Techno

LIFE MEMBER
Deceased RIP
Jul 28, 2010
Leeds the one up North
Funster No
MH
Rapido 7090F 3 litre 160
Exp
May 2010
Its the leads that push the price up cos the regulator is tuppence happeny junk :LOL: Take the heat sink bracket off and it probably weighs less than a box of matches.
I think maybe I should open one up for a laugh

Last edited:

Techno

LIFE MEMBER
Deceased RIP
Jul 28, 2010
Leeds the one up North
Funster No
MH
Rapido 7090F 3 litre 160
Exp
May 2010
The only EBL99 I did got this and a CBE relay and 200 watt solar.
Broken Link Removed

For about the same money
upgrade.jpg

Last edited:
OP
OP
MR. FUSION
Oct 5, 2012
Ayrshire
Funster No
MH
Carado T132
Exp
5 years, feel free to ask me about the Carado!!
The only EBL99 I did got this and a CBE relay and 200 watt solar.
Broken Link Removed

For about the same money
upgrade.jpg
Looks nice but I see the a&n caravan blurb said the EBL99 only likes a 15 amp output ?? Or have I got that wrong?

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

Don Quixote

Free Member
Jul 29, 2012
Lost in La Mancha, Spain
Funster No
MH
VW T6 Campervan
Exp
Not long enough, but a little common sense helps..........
I am currently in Valencia and am really regretting not fitting some solar panels, there is a local outfit called www.recaravan.es who offer fitting. Anyone tried them ?? I have an electroblock EBL 99 System with a block for a regulator so am assuming the 3 regulator wires go in there ?

It's probably a bad idea to have this done in Spain warranty wise I know but getting a bit desperate as I can't really wild past 3 days without EHU or using the gennie :(

Any thoughts or recommendations ? Heading back up north on the Spanish French med coast.
TIA for any help.
Have to agree with @Broken Link Removed you will pay well over the odds for the panels in Spain. Would be better to wait until you return to UK and have it done there. There is of course warranty as well, whilst you should have no problem the "what if" factor is you have a long way to travel just to get it fixed. Save your money for now and spend it on cheap petrol for the genni.

OP
OP
MR. FUSION
Oct 5, 2012
Ayrshire
Funster No
MH
Carado T132
Exp
5 years, feel free to ask me about the Carado!!
Have to agree with @Broken Link Removed you will pay well over the odds for the panels in Spain. Would be better to wait until you return to UK and have it done there. There is of course warranty as well, whilst you should have no problem the "what if" factor is you have a long way to travel just to get it fixed. Save your money for now and spend it on cheap petrol for the genni.
I think you are right (y) but It's been very useful to kick around the regulator options/opinions with knowledgeable funsters (y)

Don Quixote

Free Member
Jul 29, 2012
Lost in La Mancha, Spain
Funster No
MH
VW T6 Campervan
Exp
Not long enough, but a little common sense helps..........
Well I have always followed @Broken Link Removed info and find 100% of the time Andy has it spot on. I have 200 watts of solar and find that more than enough in Spain, but here in UK right now could do with another 200 watts. In my dreams:)

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

Techno

LIFE MEMBER
Deceased RIP
Jul 28, 2010
Leeds the one up North
Funster No
MH
Rapido 7090F 3 litre 160
Exp
May 2010
Looks nice but I see the a&n caravan blurb said the EBL99 only likes a 15 amp output ?? Or have I got that wrong?
Correct about the EBL but you don't need to go through it
Connect direct to the battery and fit a relay to charge the starter battery
However 15 amp is about the most you can get from 200 watt with mppt
20 amp is the regulator capacity not what it will produce

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Latest journal entries

Funsters who are viewing this thread

Back