Germany/Slovenia/Croatia

Discussion in 'Continental Touring' started by PhilandMena, Oct 4, 2013.

1. PhilandMena

PhilandMena Funster

Once again, I seek your advice and knowledge for the trip I intend to make next year.
    My plan is to spend around 5 weeks visiting Germany/ Slovenia and finally Croatia. I think I should do maybe 4-5 days in Germany, same again in Slovenia (I've read it should not be missed !) and the remaining time in Croatia.
    We would probably start out towards end of May and would welcome you recommendations and advice on must see places/sites. My wife's preferences for campsites are those that are not too isolated and near local towns or at least with good transport links.

Thanks in advance.

2. mitzimad

mitzimad Funster

we did the same journey earlier this year nice aire at uberlingen on the bodensee just 10 mins walk into town slovenia and croatia the sites are huge and we were told wild camping is vorbotten dont forget to pop into Luxemburg for cheap diesel

3. lorger

lorger Funster

4. PhilandMena

PhilandMena Funster

Hi Gerry,
    Enjoyed your blog, very surprised at the prices you were being charged, I guess that's down to the time of the year. I plan to visit in June so hopefully prices and heat will be more comfortable.

5. lorger

lorger Funster

Hi Phill
    Yes the prices do shoot up for July and August, I can't remember if I mentioned on my blog if your going to lake Bled just drive past the campsite by about 20yards there is a car park there and your allowed to stay overnight for € 10 with no facilities although you could walk into the campsite.

Also if you fancy Bovec which was lovely they have a camper stop at the start of the town across from the petrol station I didn't use it but I think it was €15 a night with hook up and water.

Here is a link that might be useful some are campsites and some are like aires it has the Bovec one on it, if you need any info that you can't find let me know I could always ask my friend who is from Ljubljana and alls a motorhomer.

http://www.slovenia.info/?parkirisca_za_avtodome=0

Please feel free to ask and I will help if I can.

6. Teasy2007

Teasy2007 Funster

Lake Bled is the most beautiful place we have ever visited. We would love to go there again in the Motorhome, but we are not sure about taking dogs outside EU.

Ginny

7. lorger

lorger Funster

I think you will find Slovenia is a member of the EU and has been since 2004. So shouldn't be a problem taking the dogs I'm sure they'd love a swim in the lake.