Tour Guide Wanted Germany in June ? (1 Viewer)

Aug 31, 2020
Funster No
MH
Hymer A Class
Exp
Hi , we a planning to tour Germany /Switzerland in June this summer . I mainly use search for sites when panning a trip . I am really struggling to find nice German sites. If possible my wife like to swim on the mornings and finding sites will pools is proving to be a real problem. Open swimming seams to be the norm. Is it me doing smithing wrong but there doesn’t seem to be street view on goggle maps so you can’t look t the sites from the road. Any help much appreciated

Feb 3, 2013
Norfolk
Funster No
MH
ENC Fifer Touring M
Exp
Since the 90's
Very limited street view in Germany, something to do with privacy laws I think, you can get some coverage in main cities and towns. Its the same with Austria

Pete

Jul 18, 2009
Manchester UK + Javea/Xabia Spain + Abu Dhabi
Funster No
MH
HYMER B644
Exp
have you tried the ACSI Site ? put some filters in for indoor pool ?

If you go to Geldern en-route you could try Klein Vink for a Nice site with indoor pool or adjoining thermal baths (extra charge)

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

Jan 8, 2013
Dronfield - Derbyshire
Funster No
MH
Burstner Lyseo 690G
Exp
Happy FLT since 2011
Hi , we a planning to tour Germany /Switzerland in June this summer . I mainly use search for sites when panning a trip
My Favourite route south through Germany is to pick up the E40/42 in Dunkirk to Aachen via Charleroi. Turn off at Junction 2 just as it enters Germany and head directly south to Monschau a town unchanged since a 1700. Then south again to the Mosel at Cochem. Tour the Mosel to Boppard and a ferry across the Rhine. For me there is not much to see on the Rhine so either side will do. There are ferries at various spots down to the south. South to Rüdesheim am Rheine and then I would head for Lindau on the Bodensee. You’re now in my favourite part of Germany, Bavaria and the Tyrol into Austria. There are many place to stop anywhere in Germany and plenty of Stellplatze if needs be. I would strongly recommend Mittenwald for a few days. You are next to the railway station and ticket to Garmish are very cheap. At Garmish station there is mountain railway to the highest Beer Keller in the world.

We only ever stop at Stellplatz but they usually have all services and swimming pools are rare.

Download and pay for Park4Night 10 E. They have a filter to select swimming nearby

Other popular visits are a lap of the old Nurburging circuit and the science museums at Technik Museum Speyer and Sinsheim

https://sinsheim.technik-museum.de/en/

You could buy a Critical air sticker for Germany – and even France last forever and only about 5 euro.

suavecarve

LIFE MEMBER
Aug 18, 2009
Surrey/Hants
Funster No
MH
Rollerteam 685
Exp
July 09
You may want to peruse this thread.
Couple of years old and is interspersed with lots of coronavirus information as a lot of us had to go to Germany as France caused issues.
In between the CV updates is some good information.
Wild swimming is very much the norm out there and some wonderful lakes, we tend to swim every day (weather permitting) and yet to pay for a swimming pool specifically for that purpose.
I ve linked you to start on page 4 where there the information starts to flow rather than CV info

I ought to add that someone (as yet to be identified) destroyed the map of all the decent aires, rollercoasters, waterfalls, viewing points, wienguts etc etc. so is not available

Page 11 starts to become more interesting for you

Last edited:
Jan 22, 2012
Wigan
Funster No
MH
Knaus Sun TI 2012
Exp
Agree with Vanphil. We've found many towns with olympic sized pools quite close to campsites and stellplatz.

Feb 3, 2013
Norfolk
Funster No
MH
ENC Fifer Touring M
Exp
Since the 90's
If you're taking in the Black Forest on the way through, on the eastern outskirts of Vogtsburg im Kaiserstuhl, is Schwimbad Oberrotweil - Co-ords 48.08996 7.64395
Parking area next to an outdoor swimming pool where motorhomes are tolerated overnight, no facilities. Very hot on our visit so we spent all day at the pool, €3 per person for a day at the pool and a great little cafe on site doing snacks. A lovely free spot to park overnight beneath the vineyards.

vogtsburg.jpg

Pete

Nov 14, 2018
Europe
Funster No
MH
Just sold
Exp
since 1996
Like previous folk have said, many swimming pools in Germany have a stellplatz. Here are a few we have stayed at.
Scheinfeld
Bad Aibling
Bad Duerrheim
Zweibruecken
Billigheim-Ingenheim

These two might not be in the direction you are going, they are heading east.
Guetersloh
Haltern Am See

Riverbankannie

LIFE MEMBER
Mar 11, 2016
Bristol
Funster No
MH
IH 630 RL PVC
Exp
There is a free aire at Gaggenau next to the Thermal swimming pool complex. We really enjoyed a day at the nearby famous Baden Baden thermal pools and soa getting the full German brush slap tickle and wrap up in warm blankets to sleep , experience.
At Gaggenau there is the Umigog museum walkable through the park from the aire (stellplatz) , if that’s your thing!

May 23, 2013
Not on the Coast East Sussex
Funster No
MH
Hymer B504
Exp
Since 2013
As vanphil said anything with Bad at the front is a good starting point. We found plenty of outdoor swimming pools across Germany and plenty had a stellplatze and/or campsite very close.

We stayed at this place in SaarLand a couple of years ago and you got a free Saarland card which covered free trains in the region and access to a number of swimming pools for free to encourage tourism into the region.

Lots of the public pools have both indoors and outdoor pools and we have found are open all year round.

Bad Bodendorf near Remagen on the Rhine has outdoor mineral water pools and motorhome parking.

Sep 17, 2015
Shropshire
Funster No
MH
N&B Flair 8000iL
Exp
since 2015
Hi, have you tried park4night?

I am using the App to plan my summer trip through Germany. the satellite views go right down to street level so you can see the area.

Sep 7, 2010
cardiff
Funster No
MH
Frankia 7900 Platin plus
Exp
since 2010
My favourites are:

Bad Windheim stellplatz
Hopfersee campsite

As said, most "Bads" have a stellplatz.