LIFE MEMBER
Apr 24, 2019
Lincolnshire
Funster No
MH
Dethleffs Magic
Exp
3 years with T4 Hitop
Hi folks, just wandering if any of you seasoned travellers have used the direct service Genoa to Palermo Ferry. We're booked on for the 12th of Jan. We know it's nearly 21 hrs in journey time. We've elected to stay on the deck in our MoHo to reduce the stress of the journey for our old(ish) dog. I wandered if it was akin to the Italy to Greece ferry where you can hook up enroute. I can't find any answers on the website though. TIA

sallylillian

LIFE MEMBER
Oct 29, 2011
Falmouth, Cornwall
Funster No
MH
Palace Liner 90LO
Exp
Hi folks, just wandering if any of you seasoned travellers have used the direct service Genoa to Palermo Ferry. We're booked on for the 12th of Jan. We know it's nearly 21 hrs in journey time. We've elected to stay on the deck in our MoHo to reduce the stress of the journey for our old(ish) dog. I wandered if it was akin to the Italy to Greece ferry where you can hook up enroute. I can't find any answers on the website though. TIA
We have done that ferry, but with the MH inside, protected from the sea salt! I am afraid I cannot answer your basic question. However, when you get off the ferry it's like Piccadilly Circus and a real fight to get out of the city. We spent 6 weeks or so going round the island.

OP
OP
Foo Fighter

Foo Fighter

LIFE MEMBER
Apr 24, 2019
Lincolnshire
Funster No
MH
Dethleffs Magic
Exp
3 years with T4 Hitop
An update on using GNV ferry from Genoa to Palermo. Despite being led to believe we were to use our MoHo on the deck. This is definitely not allowed. Direct Ferries will tell you that you are booked for this, but you will have a very uncomfortable night on a recliner seat, and your pet is placed in a kennel. Sarah had a conversation with the very helpful purser who managed to get us in a pet friendly inside cabin. Thanks to GNV staff!! And definitely not able to have EHU on board. On a positive note if you're sailing in warmer months there's a swimming pool on board

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Latest journal entries

Funsters who are viewing this thread

Back