Gasit Installation

Discussion in 'Tech/Mech General' started by Baycott, Jun 26, 2015.

1. Baycott

Baycott Funster

I have just bought 2 x 6kg Gasit bottled and the associated fittings for an in locker filling system.
    I'm going to fit it to my new Swift Bolero when we pick it up in a fortnight.:D:D
    Does anybody have an installation guide? I have a "T" piece and 3 hoses but not sure how to plumb it in.:(
    It might be self explanatory when I get the van but I would like to know what to do before I take delivery.(y)

TIA
    John

2. sallylillian

sallylillian Funster Life Member

3. Baycott

Baycott Funster

4. sallylillian

sallylillian Funster Life Member

I have done pretty much the same as you, I have a system in my garage awaiting our return from Germany on the 9th. I then have to do the install, the link is what they sent me. I understand they were doing a youtube vid but I have not found it, there is one on the changeover valve which I have not reviewed and may help. Other than that they seemed helpful so I am sure a phone call will get you what you need to know.
    @Techno100 on here is well informed and has posted pictures of installs which may also help.

5. andy63

andy63 Funster

Fitted one not so long ago and from memory...fill hose into a T Connector on first cyl... another hose from T connector to 2nd cylinder.. that's the fill side...

Each cylinder has another fitting taking a hose to a manual or automatic change over valve .(whichever you have ) which is connected to the regulator..
    Not sure if you have external fill or a in locker fill point.
    If it's an external fill and it is installed in a location that communicates with the inside of the van you will meed a sealed rubber boot around the internal side of the fill point..
    Hope that makes sense ..
    Ta andy

• Like Like x 1