Minxy

LIFE MEMBER
Aug 22, 2007
E Yorks
Funster No
MH
Carthago Compactline
Exp
Since 1996, had Elddis/Swift/Rapido/Rimor/Chausson MHs. Autocruise/Globecar PVCs/Compactline i-138
I don't think something is amiss. I believe that is how it is supposed to work.
12v for travelling, not gas, as there is no Secumotion safety valve fitted, so it seems logical to me. If I stop at a filling station my fridge keeps on working and doesn't shut down, it doesn't need to. When I park up and turn on the gas or hook up, the fridge switches to one of those options, or I can do it manually. I just have to remember that it is draining my starter battery, and as I previously said, I would like to see it switch to the leisure batteries with the engine off.

Anyway, I like it like it is, so I'm not going to change it.
If it ain't broken and all that ::bigsmile:

That's just how our AES fridge worked in the Rimor when we had it, pretty normal on 'foreign' vans, but as I said before, not heard of it on a British built one .. perhaps 'we' are catching up at last! ::bigsmile:

Dec 28, 2011
Stokesley, North Yorks
Funster No
MH
JoaCamp75Q by Pilote
Exp
Still learning since 2010
That's just how our AES fridge worked in the Rimor when we had it, pretty normal on 'foreign' vans, but as I said before, not heard of it on a British built one .. perhaps 'we' are catching up at last! ::bigsmile:

Probably more to do with having to work as the fridge manufacturer (Dometic) intended. They wouldn't be able to fit an all singing, all dancing fridge in, at vast expense, then not having it work properly.

Someone may complain.

ME :censored:2 ::bigsmile:

Feb 22, 2008
Norfolk
Funster No
MH
Nearly Tugging
Exp
Since 2004
If gas supply is left turned on then the pilot light to the fridge is also on.
In the bilge of a ship , leaking gas which settles low coupled with a source of ignition is potentially disastrous.
On our recent Portsmouth Santander return trip with dozens, no perhaps hundreds of motorhomes , only one needs a fault in the middle of the Bay Of Biscay and a real disaster could occur.
Yet Brittany Ferries do not make any clear request to turn gas off :Eeek:
A Risk Assessment would be interesting :RollEyes:

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

MikeD

Free Member
Dec 21, 2011
London
Funster No
MH
IH PVC
Exp
Since 2012
???

If gas supply is left turned on then the pilot light to the fridge is also on.
In the bilge of a ship , leaking gas which settles low coupled with a source of ignition is potentially disastrous.
On our recent Portsmouth Santander return trip with dozens, no perhaps hundreds of motorhomes , only one needs a fault in the middle of the Bay Of Biscay and a real disaster could occur.
Yet Brittany Ferries do not make any clear request to turn gas off :Eeek:
A Risk Assessment would be interesting :RollEyes:

SAFETY PROCEDURES

Keep gas cylinders switched off

(max 3x15kg).
Fermez les robinets des bonbonnes de gaz
(max 3x15kg)

When we travelled to Bilbao we were checked each way and their safety procedures clearly indicate you should switch off gas cylinders.
If you want to run your fridge during the travel I understand that have electrical hook ups.:thumb::thumb:

Heavy than air explosive gases and boats really don't go together well!!!!!!:Eeek:

ukbill

LIFE MEMBER
Nov 3, 2011
Pinoso
Funster No
MH
4 berth low profile
Exp
starting on saturday 10/3/2012
there is more risk of a gas explosion on this thread than aboard ship :Smile::Smile:

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Latest journal entries

Funsters who are viewing this thread

Back