Gas bottles in France...Is this the answer?

Discussion in 'Motorhome Chat' started by frankhanna, Apr 8, 2013.

1. frankhanna

frankhanna

Hi All,

I discovered something a few years ago about using French Gas bottles by way of an adaptor. I assumed everyone knew about it but just today I switched to a gas bottle using the adaptor I acquired.

My neighbour here and fellow funster Laneside, had never heard of it and, indeed neither had the site owner, Bob. So Alan (Laneside) suggested I include it in my blog in the hope that it might be of interest I did. www.frankhanna.com/blog

Hope it helps someone.

Frank

• Like Like x 4
  2. laneside

laneside Funster

It sure is a nice bit of kit for £4.18, it has a left handed female thread complete with rubber seal to fit most French bottles and the other end has the left hand thread female to take the standard calor fitting.could not be simpler

3. Eddystone

Eddystone Funster

Thanks for the info but could you clarify whether it is for Butane or Propane as I note that the left-hand bottle in the picture on your blog is red.:Confused:

4. laneside

laneside Funster

Frank has gone off dining out but as I fitted it for him to the right hand bottle I know it was Propane as can be purchased from any petrol station and other outlets here in France

• Like Like x 1
  5. frankhanna

frankhanna

Thanks Alan...good steak here!