Garmin 560 LT or LMT

Discussion in 'GPS Navigation' started by Fermenter, Feb 22, 2013.

1. Fermenter

Fermenter Read Only Funster

I am looking at these two with a view to purchase. Just wondered what experiences people have had with either. As far as I can see the only difference is that with the LMT you get free lifetime maps whereas with the LT you dont or am I off beam there?

2. oldfozzie

oldfozzie Funster

Looks good but!!

As I read the Garmin website it only comes with maps for the good old US of A:Sad:

I Take that back I got it wrong!!!!!!

Last edited: Feb 23, 2013
  3. Larby

Larby Funster

The way I see it is LMT is lifetime maps and traffic, LT is lifetime traffic only.
    Prices vary but do the research. I bought my Garmin in Comet's dying hours so picked up a bargain. Not a 560 but worth a bit extra for lifetime maps.

4. Fermenter

Thanks guys for the confirmation

5. Fermenter

How do you find the Garmin?

6. Larby

Larby Funster

I have always had Garmin. My first was as in the picture. Small screen, brown on orange and A roads and motorways in red, it did allow for various modes of transport. It didn't support postcodes but required the user to enter the address letter by letter! I still use in my hobby as I require OS map references and it will display map references as well as Lat/Long.

My current one cost me £103.99 in Comet's dying hours. It is the Garmin Nuvi 2545LM. It has a 5" screen, Western Europe and Lifetime maps. I didn't want to subscribe to traffic updates!
    It acccepts Postcodes and Lat/Long co-ordinates.
    It does all the usual things and in my opinion is simple to use. It does though only support vehicle or legs as transport, but then I never leave my eyes and brain at home and rely on the sat-nav. I usually choose the route from a detailed map and set the route I want the sat-nav to follow.
    But you pays yer money and makes your choice.

Attached Files: