Garage needed near Orpington

Discussion in 'Introduce Yourself' started by Andrew Beale, Aug 17, 2015.

1. Andrew Beale

Andrew Beale Read Only Funster

Hi everyone,

I have come across this website which I hope will be able to help me please.

I am so pleased I am buying a Peugeot Boxer motor home this weekend. Two berth everything I want.
    Hardly done any mileage, beautiful condition. It was registered in 1999. 1905 cc and obviously diesel. I live in Orpington, just inside the London Borough of Bromley. Hence seems to be the problem. It appears no one can confirm that it will need to be converted because of the new emission Government ruling.

I knew when I was purchasing the motor home this would probably have to be done. Since my home lies just within the London boundary for low emission. For the last two days I have been trying to find a garage in my area that would do the conversion and the cost. Not one garage!

Does anyone know of a garage that:
    (1) Can tell me if it needs doing (at the moment I do not know the weight of the motor home nor does the seller)
    (2) A garage near to Orpington that does the conversion
    (3) The approximate cost

I just find it incredible the Government introduces this ruling, yet no garage is able to do it for me when I pick the motor home up this weekend. This is a must obviously as I don't want to fall into the trap of a £100 a day fine.

If anyone can help, I would be so grateful.

Many thanks everyone,

Andrew

2. Brisey

Brisey Funster Life Member

3. Andrew Beale

Yes have done that, but still can't find a garage to do the emission to enter London in my area.

4. NickNic

NickNic Funster Life Member

Is it even possible to do what you're trying to do? I was under the impression that if you don't meet the LEZ criteria that's the end of that.

5. Andrew Beale

Yes according to the TFL website a filter can still be fitted and than has to be approved apparently.

6. mitzimad

mitzimad Funster

will cost upwards of 2k and even them it will be poor performance are you sure its deisel? if its petrol lez doesnt apply

7. TheBig1

TheBig1 Funster Life Member

will cost thousands apparently and thats if anyone will even take the job on. this is why you dont see many older motorhomes in london