LIFE MEMBER
Dec 5, 2007
planet earth
Funster No
MH
Niesman+Bischoff 79e
Exp
I'm an oldbie MH number 10
Perosnally I think other than the[STRIKE] great [/STRIKE]friends we have met over the years,
the advice we have been given from getting a dog to changing vans,
the jokes Im subjected too and the information I gain about other things un motorohome related,
its crap and I'm leaving tomorrow morning, Ive been leaving tomorrow morning for 7 years now. :Cool:

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

Tootles

Funster
Deceased RIP
Sep 14, 2013
Lancaster
Funster No
MH
Coachbuilt
Exp
Was a newbie, now a Middie.
Look out, Spamming Troll alert :roflmto:

Spam? Spam? Spam? Rubbish!!
THIS is Spam!

[ame="https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=g8huXkSaL7o&feature=kp"]Spam song Monty Python - YouTube[/ame] :thumb:

teddybard

Free Member
Aug 21, 2012
warwickshire
Funster No
MH
c
Exp
5 years
Perosnally I think other than the[STRIKE] great [/STRIKE]friends we have met over the years,
the advice we have been given from getting a dog to changing vans,
the jokes Im subjected too and the information I gain about other things un motorohome related,
its crap and [HI]I'm leaving tomorrow morning, Ive been leaving tomorrow morning for 7 years now[/HI]. :Cool:

I've been looking forward to tomorrow
every day since I joined:thumb:

Tootles

Funster
Deceased RIP
Sep 14, 2013
Lancaster
Funster No
MH
Coachbuilt
Exp
Was a newbie, now a Middie.
Were you the one who wouldn't let the Billy Goats over Wooley Bridge?

Sussed after all these years! :cry: How did you know it was me? ::bigsmile:

enery8

Free Member
Oct 11, 2012
Dorset
Funster No
MH
FFB Tabbert Classic 660
Exp
towing for 20 odd years but now have our first motorhome.
Fun, has given us a new lease of life. Lots of new friends, good advice, and most of all something to look forward to.
Thank you funsters:thumb::Cool::thumb:

Cal54

LIFE MEMBER
Apr 25, 2014
Southport, UK
Funster No
MH
Leisuredrive Renoir
Exp
Since 1996
Fun!

I am a newbie to Funsters so not had a chance to rally with you yet, however looking forward to meeting at the Malvern show. Reading the comments makes me realise what a mad and entertaining lot you/we are and it is refreshing to read such funny and enlightening comments!

Nov 18, 2011
Planet Earth
Funster No
MH
A van
Exp
Over 25 year's
all of the above and more and the help I have had when I have been at the lowest point in my life all I can say is thanks funster one and all:thumb:

ourcampersbeentrashed

Free Member
Apr 19, 2008
East London
Funster No
MH
C Class
Exp
well over 5 years
I would be lost without FUN

Fun gives me laughter, occasional tears, occasional frustration and a great deal of advice (oh yes and its up to me whether I take the advice or not).

Funsters old and new have seen me through good and bad times and shared in events - both planned and impromptu - that I have very fond memories of.

I have learned so much about motorhomes as well as things that have nothing to do with motorhoming whatsoever

I've made acquaintances, many of whom I can now call friends and some that I can call close friends.

All of this would not have happened

a) if I hadnt bought a motorhome
b) if I hadnt joined fun

Who do I have to blame for all of this - our wonderful dog Daisy because we wouldnt leave her behind when we went on holiday which is why we got our first motorhome.

BreweryDave

LIFE MEMBER
Aug 10, 2011
Alvor, Algarve
Funster No
MH
None now!
Exp
I think it's better than sex and I would gladly pay £1000 per year and give my left kidney. :whatthe:

Feb 22, 2008
Norfolk
Funster No
MH
Nearly Tugging
Exp
Since 2004
For me a daily read, a social contribution when stuck at home , great info on travels and very amusing with differing opinions and attitudes on general discussions , worth every penny :thumb:

Jaws

LIFE MEMBER
Sep 26, 2008
Thetford Norfolk
Funster No
MH
C class, Chieftain
Exp
since 2006 ( I think ! )
I have always been a clubby sort of person, enjoying the company of like minded folk.. Does not matter if the pastime is MH, models, radio, chess or indeed any one of the myriad things I have done over the years..

But !
I am also very 'leery' of clubs as sometimes they are a cauldron of over excitable know alls who really spoil things.

I originally joined a certain other site by mistake.. After less than a week I had more or less decided MH'ing was really not for me.. Too much bitching and barely concealed hatred :Eeek:

Then I was pointed in the right direction..

Do not want to put too finer point on it but FUN is probably the biggest reason we have been so active within the MH scene..

So what is special about it..
Very hard to quantify really. Can someone state and explain any emotion, be it love hate or even indifference..

The best I can say is this.

In the short break we have from about the 1st of December to the 2nd week in January ( woman likes to 'do' Christmas big time ! ) it is the Fun forum that keeps my interest piqued.. There is always something new going on, new reports of places afar and new ideas to discuss.. And always with good humour and very little bitchiness :thumb:

And for the rest of the year ?
Going to the meets, the shows, the rallies and actually meeting new and old friends..
I am not much of a party animal and tend to 'pumpkinise' ( turn into a really boring git and slope off to bed ) reasonably early, yet, Funsters being Funsters, no one thinks any the less of me for bailing out long before the midnight bell tolls

All in all there is not a single aspect of being a member that I do not like and enjoy..
There are very few things in life that can be said about nowadays !

Jan 4, 2012
somerset
Funster No
MH
Fiat Ducato
Exp
A few years now
It`s always a - live - forum here , most forums seem dead with no posts for days.

I like to have a post with the threads that have a banter and some fun going with them.

Sometimes shifty will have a outburst of a situation he has been in and is so funny.

MHF is a daily comedy / look at life comic with a few tech / travel details about motor homes that keeps me busy reading in lunch breaks :thumb:

Bailey58

LIFE MEMBER
Jun 23, 2010
Norfolk and Toftir.
Funster No
MH
Sold
Exp
July 2010 (ex tugger)
I Ignored this thread from day 1 as it was difficult to [STRIKE]quantify [/STRIKE]describe what it means to me. When I’m home it does take up a lot of my time during the day and evening and remember many moons ago Haganap remonstrating with me for daring to say such a thing, perhaps I said “too” much time back then. :roflmto:

I can go for some weeks ignoring the site when I’m busy as I was earlier in the year when installing a couple of new kitchens, well 11/2, which, with a break in Turkey in the middle, took me about 8 weeks ( I’m slow and careful).

When I do get back on, as others have said, it’s a newspaper, I never knew the missing Atlantic Yacht had been found until I read it on here, a mine of information, particularly about France and a source of entertainment. I rarely post about motorhome stuff unless it’s tyre pressures or Baileys and I rarely go in the Belly Locker but it’s an important part of my daily life now. Don’t know if that’s sad or what?

As soon as we get to the Faroes the phone line and broadband is switched on again at great cost just to keep in touch. And thinking of another thread today, I don’t know how Jim does it for the money, 1500 @ £10 and a few of those have paid for years ahead.

johnp10

Free Member
Oct 12, 2009
North Lincolnshire
Funster No
MH
C Class
Exp
8 years ish
AND .. we get to meet lovely people from abroad. :thumb:

The Welsh?::bigsmile:

I forgot to mention our Care in the Community qualities::bigsmile:

Fun is proof that Care in the community doesn't work.::bigsmile:

OK.
What do I get from Fun?

The forum provides philosophical debate with considered, informed input from many knowledgeable people, along with in depth historical information regarding our satellite state of Wales and informed, qualified, technical advice regarding toads.

It also provides a cracking opportunity to take the piss.:ROFLMAO:

Dec 23, 2007
Wirral
Funster No
MH
Hobby Van Kenobi
Exp
started when I was 11 with my parents-forgot to stop!been real one since 1980!
Everything, the whole nine yards and no jumped up 'little Hitler' mods to disapprove if you don't share their opinions.

Jaws

LIFE MEMBER
Sep 26, 2008
Thetford Norfolk
Funster No
MH
C class, Chieftain
Exp
since 2006 ( I think ! )
Everything, the whole nine yards and no jumped up 'little Hitler' mods to disapprove if you don't share their opinions.

Not a little Hitler, but you seen pictures of Mussolini ?? :ROFLMAO:

Broken Link Removed

Bloody scary or what !!!! :ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO:

injebreck99

Free Member
Dec 5, 2011
norfolk
Funster No
MH
Low profile C Class
Exp
Since 1997
I like it becuz it makes me feel superior to you lot what aren't from Norfolk, like what I am.:ROFLMAO:

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Latest journal entries

Funsters who are viewing this thread

Back