Fumes. Carb v fuel injection. (1 Viewer)

Vic

Aug 1, 2010
Funster No
Having established that I can carry a motorcycle / scooter in my garage, have any of you expierenced petrol fumes entering the van from the garage? If so, what bike/scooter was it? Was it carbed or fuel injected?
Am I correct in thinking that , in very simplistic terms, fuel injected machines are "sealed", only letting air in only when they are running eliminating the chances of fuel vapour escaping? Therefore, it would be better to go for a fuel injection?

Vic

Aug 6, 2013
Kendal, Cumbria
Funster No
MH
Le-Voyageur RX958 Pl
Exp
since 1999
Carb equipped machines will always give off a slight smell of petrol in a confined space because of the filled & vented float chamber. Both carb & injection engines have tank breathers but injection engines tend to be so to meet emissions legislation which also requires tank vapour to be controlled. In fewer words - yes :).

Lenny HB

LIFE MEMBER
Oct 18, 2007
On the coast in West Sussex
Funster No
MH
Hymer B678 DL
Exp
Since 2008 & many years tugging
Also depends on if your garage is sealed from the habitation area. On our last van an Exsis it was sealed on the new van because the inner skin is aluminum they have paid more attention to ventilation and there is a gap at the top of the beds which goes straight through to the garage. I wouldn't want to carry anything with petrol in this van.

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Latest journal entries

Funsters who are viewing this thread

Back