Full timing Benidorm- the bad points ? (1 Viewer)

stewartwebr

LIFE MEMBER
Jun 6, 2010
Edinburgh
Funster No
MH
Morelo Empire Liner
Exp
36 years and 16 motorhomes
Hello

Looking to stop there in a few weeks. Anyone recommend a site that will fit in our 9.2m Motorhome. All pitches are quoted as 81m2 so 9mx9m but not sure if the 20cm over would mean rejection.

Help would be appreciated.

Stewart

Reactions: DLT

makems

LIFE MEMBER
Sep 23, 2011
Ingleby Barwick,,Teesside
Funster No
MH
Sadly had to give up
Exp
2010-2017
Hello

Looking to stop there in a few weeks. Anyone recommend a site that will fit in our 9.2m Motorhome. All pitches are quoted as 81m2 so 9mx9m but not sure if the 20cm over would mean rejection.

Help would be appreciated.

Stewart
We stayed at Villa Sol a couple of years ago and our 9m van fitted in fine. however the pitches vary in proportions. There were some we would have been able to park in sideways and some like the pitch we chose where we parked in lengthways. The difficulty was not finding a pitch big enough, it was finding one where the road was wide enough to drive or reverse into the pitch.
There were vans bigger than ours on the site for sure. Some pitches are truly enormous but I suspect they are booked up well in advance by long termers.
Ive not stayed on Torreta but @Snowbird has parked some pretty big units on there before now.

stewartwebr

LIFE MEMBER
Jun 6, 2010
Edinburgh
Funster No
MH
Morelo Empire Liner
Exp
36 years and 16 motorhomes
We stayed at Villa Sol a couple of years ago and our 9m van fitted in fine. however the pitches vary in proportions. There were some we would have been able to park in sideways and some like the pitch we chose where we parked in lengthways. The difficulty was not finding a pitch big enough, it was finding one where the road was wide enough to drive or reverse into the pitch.
There were vans bigger than ours on the site for sure. Some pitches are truly enormous but I suspect they are booked up well in advance by long termers.
Ive not stayed on Torreta but @Snowbird has parked some pretty big units on there before now.

Thank you for the info. We are planning to stay for 3 months. I think we shall turn up on spec and see what is available. Appears there are lots of sites so I'm sure we will fit on a pitch somewhere

Thanks,
Stewart

Jul 7, 2021
Funster No
MH
dont own one yet.
Ha ha it’s so funny coming back and reading a post from years ago. I moved to Spain 3.5 years ago and best thing I ever did. 1.5 hrs south of Benidorm. Anyone thinking about it I’d say just do it
Just about to move south , just not sure yet south of France or south of Spain , I’ve got the feeling it might be both, smaller properties but double the fun maybe, did you move to a rural place or enjoying village / town life?

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

OP
OP
G

Gazza333

LIFE MEMBER
Sep 8, 2013
Staffordshire
Funster No
MH
Rollerteam 695
Exp
Just about to move south , just not sure yet south of France or south of Spain , I’ve got the feeling it might be both, smaller properties but double the fun maybe, did you move to a rural place or enjoying village / town life?
Hi dutch. I moved pre brexit. I live in a town location 15 minutes from the sea. Villa own pool hot tub etc. living the dream

Feb 6, 2019
Santa Maria de Palautordera, Barcelona, Spain
Funster No
MH
LMC Liberty 560 1992
Exp
Since 2017
Benidorm beach in high season is a stay-away - packed and the water's full of suncream. generally beaches from Altea to Xabia are of stones, so you need footwear. I wouldn't go there for the beaches. Further north closer to Valencia is better.

You're close to the Almeria desert area there inland and it's very spaghetti western. I have heard of some very interesting villages and visits in that area - even a wild west campsite - but in summer be ready for fierce heat.

Benidorm is Madrid-de-mar. They have a scheme here for retired folk to get discounted travel deals at low season for all-in packages to places like Benidorm - its called IMSERSO - and the third age act as closely as they can manage to Club 18-30 when they get there, and they come in large numbers.

I believe the lady who did the Spanish version of the 'Birdie Song' still has a gig in one of the main hotels - she plays an accordion:

Personally, I think The Tweets were better but it depends what you're in to!

Jun 22, 2012
Sherborne Dorset
Funster No
MH
Van Conversion
Exp
Since 2012
Benidorm beach in high season is a stay-away - packed and the water's full of suncream. generally beaches from Altea to Xabia are of stones, so you need footwear. I wouldn't go there for the beaches. Further north closer to Valencia is better.

You're close to the Almeria desert area there inland and it's very spaghetti western. I have heard of some very interesting villages and visits in that area - even a wild west campsite - but in summer be ready for fierce heat.

Benidorm is Madrid-de-mar. They have a scheme here for retired folk to get discounted travel deals at low season for all-in packages to places like Benidorm - its called IMSERSO - and the third age act as closely as they can manage to Club 18-30 when they get there, and they come in large numbers.

I believe the lady who did the Spanish version of the 'Birdie Song' still has a gig in one of the main hotels - she plays an accordion:

Personally, I think The Tweets were better but it depends what you're in to!

I can’t agree with Benidorm being described as Madrid by the sea and I’ve spent quite a bit of time in both. Two of my children lived and worked in Madrid and I used to visit for a few days each month. It’s a vibrant cosmopolitan northern Spanish city, it couldn’t be more different to Beni which does have a small old part but is mostly cheap and cheerful bars , restaurants and hotels and does of course have the really tacky bit. We stayed on Villasol for 5 or 6 long spells before Covid and had a great time.

My goddaughter’s fiancée Alejandro is from Madrid and would be horrified to hear this, I’m not sure if I’m brave enough to tell him! The Madrilenos can be a bit serious:giggle:

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

Jan 19, 2014
Derbyshire
Funster No
MH
Elddis Accordo 105
Exp
since 2014
Benidorm beach in high season is a stay-away - packed

That's only Levante beach and I've never seen any suncream in it, I suppose there must be minute traces if people are swimming though 🤔

The other beach at Benidorm is Poniente and it's never too busy 👍

20190530_133428.jpg

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Latest journal entries

Funsters who are viewing this thread

Back