Sep 19, 2021
Epsom, UK
Funster No
MH
Burstner Nexxo T685
Exp
Since 2022
Hi all,

We found out today that the price Hungarians pay for fuel is capped at 480 forints, which is extremely good value, works out to be just over a pound a litre. Whilst we expected to pay the same, (as advertised at the petrol stations) we were surprised to find out we had to pay almost twice the price! We since found out that locally registered vehicles only pay 480, while anyone from outside Hungary pays substantially more. It didn't sit to well with us after having to pay almost 30 euros for a 10 day vignette.

Lessoned learned and hopefully maybe useful for anyone else eNting to visit Hungary.

Cheers

OP
OP
S
Sep 19, 2021
Epsom, UK
Funster No
MH
Burstner Nexxo T685
Exp
Since 2022
I've gone off visiting Hungary whilst that idiot in charge is supporting the orcs.
Yeah, we noticed the lack of Ukrainian flags flying above public buildings in Hungary, unlike in Poland,Baltic's, Scandanavia, infact pretty much every where else - shame

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

Nov 18, 2011
Planet Earth
Funster No
MH
A van
Exp
Over 25 year's
A good reason for our government to charge extra to Hungarian registered cars vans truks

Feb 14, 2021
Milton Keynes, UK
Funster No
MH
Burstner Lyseo 727G
Exp
19 month year 18000 miles UK, Ireland, France, Spain, Germany, Italy. Campsites and off Grid.
I think it's a trick we miss in the UK. Foreign drivers pay nothing. Free use of motorways that we have to pay for in the likes of France, Switzerland etc. Probably don't pay tolls over the Dartford bridge, probably get away with parking and speeding fines.

What about charging tourist taxes in hotels like we have to in lots of countries. In many countries locals get into local tourist attracts for free while foreigners have to pay. We are too easy on visitors across the board.

Aug 18, 2014
Lorca,Murcia,Spain
Funster No
MH
Transit PVC
Exp
16 years since restarting
Hi all,

We found out today that the price Hungarians pay for fuel is capped at 480 forints, which is extremely good value, works out to be just over a pound a litre. Whilst we expected to pay the same, (as advertised at the petrol stations) we were surprised to find out we had to pay almost twice the price! We since found out that locally registered vehicles only pay 480, while anyone from outside Hungary pays substantially more. It didn't sit to well with us after having to pay almost 30 euros for a 10 day vignette.

Lessoned learned and hopefully maybe useful for anyone else eNting to visit Hungary.

Cheers
Yes Offagain mentioned it when they were coming home earlier in the year ,I think
I think it's a trick we miss in the UK. Foreign drivers pay nothing. Free use of motorways that we have to pay for in the likes of France, Switzerland etc. Probably don't pay tolls over the Dartford bridge, probably get away with parking and speeding fines.
Foreign trucks have to pay before they can leave the port or tunnel. You get free use of all roads in spain unless you wish to use one of the few toll roads? why you would I've no idea as the parallel roads are just as good & empty.
I have to register my vehicles in the Uk for dart charge & lez & ulez . Do you? why not? Why should uk vehicles be allowed to get away without regsitering when in every other country everyone has to register ?
& yes parking fines are paid if issued at the time but if cameras are used they cannot comply with there own 14 day nip requirement so they make the rules it is their fault . 🤷‍♂️
Speeding fines even if I lived back in the Uk again I would still be using all & every method to prevent the scamming of speeding fines falling at my door. detectors, jammers, flippers . the more they introduced the more I did.

This is another area like banks, banking staff where all the jobs were lost due to atm's & online banking & they wish to do the same here by increasing the use of cameras for everything whilst cutting the police. So I always do the same & use any legal method to confuse & distract to ensure they get nothing.

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

Feb 14, 2021
Milton Keynes, UK
Funster No
MH
Burstner Lyseo 727G
Exp
19 month year 18000 miles UK, Ireland, France, Spain, Germany, Italy. Campsites and off Grid.
Yes Offagain mentioned it when they were coming home earlier in the year ,I think

Foreign trucks have to pay before they can leave the port or tunnel. You get free use of all roads in spain unless you wish to use one of the few toll roads? why you would I've no idea as the parallel roads are just as good & empty.
I have to register my vehicles in the Uk for dart charge & lez & ulez . Do you? why not? Why should uk vehicles be allowed to get away without regsitering when in every other country everyone has to register ?
& yes parking fines are paid if issued at the time but if cameras are used they cannot comply with there own 14 day nip requirement so they make the rules it is their fault . 🤷‍♂️
Speeding fines even if I lived back in the Uk again I would still be using all & every method to prevent the scamming of speeding fines falling at my door. detectors, jammers, flippers . the more they introduced the more I did.

This is another area like banks, banking staff where all the jobs were lost due to atm's & online banking & they wish to do the same here by increasing the use of cameras for everything whilst cutting the police. So I always do the same & use any legal method to confuse & distract to ensure they get nothing.

Didn't really understand a lot of the above but just to pick up on a few points....

When in France a few years ago I got stopped for some trumped up violation. I was held up and not allowed to go on my way until I had paid 70 euros in cash to the policeman. No receipt, no proof that it wouldn't go in his pocket. That wouldn't happen in UK. A foreign visitor could be caught speeding by a camera or could go across the dartford crossing and then go home again 2 weeks later. The UK police would not follow that up.

Yes my cars are registered for Dartford - not sure why you were suggesting they were not.

Yes you can drive toll free in France but it is a lot harder than in the UK. Very few toll roads between Dover and Scotland. Driving Calais to Nice is slightly different.

MisterB

LIFE MEMBER
Feb 25, 2018
Essex
Funster No
MH
Adria 670 SLT
Exp
enough to know i shouldnt touch things i know nothing about ....
Some car parks in the UK seem to have options for local residents to pay less ...

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Latest journal entries

Funsters who are viewing this thread

Back