Fuel additives

Discussion in 'Motorhome Chat' started by Swift, Jul 28, 2011.

1. Swift

Swift

Does anyone use fuel additives that work, as I now have an mpg draining Top Box I need all the help I can get for my big August tour :BigGrin:

2. dellwood33

dellwood33 Read Only Funster

Best one that I have found for my Motorhome is Diesel :Smile:

• Like Like x 2
  3. normanandsue

normanandsue Funster

You'll hate me for this but to increase mpg................................... lose the top box and carry less.

Norman

4. scotjimland

scotjimland Funster Life Member

naahhhhhh don't be silly Norman.. that's far too much like common sense .. :RollEyes:

this is the OP who said that in the grand scheme of things a few mpg lost due to a top box was a drop in the ocean to him .. now he's crying about it .. :Doh:

:Rofl1::Rofl1::Rofl1::Rofl1:

5. Tradetalk

Tradetalk

Lucas Additives

After nearly 40 years in the motor trade there is only one range of additives (both oil and fuel) that I would recommend and that is Lucas.

These American products really do work and I use them in all of my vehicles. The fuel treatment is very effective in cleaning the fuel system, lubricating the pump (very important as the sulphur they have removed from diesel acted as a lubricant) and generally improving the combustion process.

The oil additives are also great in both engines and transmissions.

I now run a company that acts as a buying group for over 500 motor accessory stores and factors around the UK and Lucas is one of our top sellers. If your local accessory shop or motor factor doesn't stock it then you can buy online at www.lucasoil.co.uk.

Try it and I know you will use it forever more (and no, I'm not getting a commission on sales I'm just a very enthusiastic Lucas user!). :thumb:

6. Geo

Geo Trader - Funster

I have to agree with most of the comments above and spout the same claims for another American/South Afican product,
    Not ususally available at any retail outlets, but readily available at a lot of Garages "Forte" Fuel treatment, 1 for petrol 1 for diesel engines
    Very simular to the other by the look of it. It also works, we use it daily and can see the improvments it makes on our Gas Analyzer test during MoT testing
    A clean engine is an efficiant engine:thumb:
    Would I claim better MPG the above comment says it all
    Geo