Sep 23, 2013
Staffordshire
Funster No
MH
Pilote Bavaria
Exp
6 years
Anyone who loves music and has an account with Spotify (
£9 a month) can download your favourite music on your iPad or iPhone etc and using wifi or internet play to your hearts content... well not
really
Unless it's me or where lm parked up ( Almerimar) l have a strong internet connection but yet Spotify will only play for 20 minutes or so then goes off line .. anyone else experiencing the same ?

RogerThat

LIFE MEMBER
May 20, 2016
North West
Funster No
MH
PVC
Is this a limitation of the internet connection you're using at the time?

Does email, interweb, etc all still work when Spotify stops?

Minxy

LIFE MEMBER
Aug 22, 2007
E Yorks
Funster No
MH
Carthago Compactline
Exp
Since 1996, had Elddis/Swift/Rapido/Rimor/Chausson MHs. Autocruise/Globecar PVCs/Compactline i-138
Either your internet connection isn't good enough or the facility is only meant to be used in the UK so you're getting cut off ... I've never used Spotify so am only guessing! :D

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

Kingham

LIFE MEMBER
Nov 20, 2016
Kirkcudbright, D&G
Funster No
MH
AS Kingham 2017
Exp
Since 2009
They probably got the idea after hearing that so many of us enjoy our cab radios constantly shutting down after 20 minutes (n)

D

Deleted member 29692

Deleted User
I'd guess Mel has the right idea.

Licensing issue due to being outside the country where your account is registered.

Lots of other steaming services won't work as well as this one.

Minxy

LIFE MEMBER
Aug 22, 2007
E Yorks
Funster No
MH
Carthago Compactline
Exp
Since 1996, had Elddis/Swift/Rapido/Rimor/Chausson MHs. Autocruise/Globecar PVCs/Compactline i-138

Jenben

LIFE MEMBER
Oct 19, 2015
Uk
Funster No
MH
Hymer Exsis I
Exp
Since 2007
We have a Spotify account and I have been streaming music whilst we have been away. I am not aware of there being a 20 minute limit.

Minxy

LIFE MEMBER
Aug 22, 2007
E Yorks
Funster No
MH
Carthago Compactline
Exp
We have a Spotify account and I have been streaming music whilst we have been away. I am not aware of there being a 20 minute limit.
Where's "away" though?

sdc77

Free Member
Jan 28, 2013
Weardale, Co Durham
Funster No
MH
Coachbuilt
Exp
since 2011
We have spotify and have neve had an issue streamng whilst in europe. We use it via Bluetooth when driving.
But almost all of our playlists are now downloaded so streaming is rarely an issue.There is definitely no 20 minute rule.

Jim

Ringleader
Jul 19, 2007
Sutton on Sea, UK
Funster No
MH
Adria Panel Van.
Exp
Since 1988
Never had a problem with Spotify in Europe. We do download playlists though so we always have a large selection of music even without internet.

D

Deleted member 29692

Deleted User
Unless it's me or where lm parked up ( Almerimar) l have a strong internet connection but yet Spotify will only play for 20 minutes or so then goes off line .. anyone else experiencing the same ?

OK next suggestion.

Are you using mobile data or WiFi to connect?

If it's mobile data check whether it's your service provider disconnecting you rather than the app. It could be that there's something in the T&Cs of your data plan that prohibits large scale streaming. It might even be some sort of safeguard to stop you munching through and beyond your data allowance without realising and ending up with a big bill - having to keep reconnecting in theory would keep you aware of what you're using.

I've never heard of any of the networks doing it before but it's possible. Try another streaming app, YouTube or something, and see if the same thing happens.

I also download a fair bit when I've got WiFi so I don't need to stream using data very often.

Zigisla

LIFE MEMBER
Oct 24, 2015
Gosport, Hants
Funster No
MH
Sunlight A72
Exp
Getting better month by month.
The only time I ever encountered this was with the non-premium account. It may be worth asking them if your account is still Premium. I had this again, but a reboot of the iPhone and update of the App seemed to solve it. I have only used it in the UK though.

OP
OP
DAVWOD

DAVWOD

Free Member
Sep 23, 2013
Staffordshire
Funster No
MH
Pilote Bavaria
Exp
6 years
The only time I ever encountered this was with the non-premium account. It may be worth asking them if your account is still Premium. I had this again, but a reboot of the iPhone and update of the App seemed to solve it. I have only used it in the UK though.

Hi Thanks for your reply. I have a premium account and checked that this was still the case. I have disconnected and reconnected the Bluetooth on my iPhone and Pioneer Satnav DVD Etc.. to no avail , it's only happened whist in Spain, So still at odds , l have a good internet abd Bluetooth connection .
Still puzzled.com

OP
OP
DAVWOD

DAVWOD

Free Member
Sep 23, 2013
Staffordshire
Funster No
MH
Pilote Bavaria
Exp
6 years
Hi and Thanks for your reply.
I have a good internet connection, Bluetooth all paired but no Wfi.
No issues with YouTube.. grrrrrrrrr thanks again
OK next suggestion.

Are you using mobile data or WiFi to connect?

If it's mobile data check whether it's your service provider disconnecting you rather than the app. It could be that there's something in the T&Cs of your data plan that prohibits large scale streaming. It might even be some sort of safeguard to stop you munching through and beyond your data allowance without realising and ending up with a big bill - having to keep reconnecting in theory would keep you aware of what you're using.

I've never heard of any of the networks doing it before but it's possible. Try another streaming app, YouTube or something, and see if the same thing happens.

I also download a fair bit when I've got WiFi so I don't need to stream using data very often.[/QU

OP
OP
DAVWOD

DAVWOD

Free Member
Sep 23, 2013
Staffordshire
Funster No
MH
Pilote Bavaria
Exp
6 years
Is this a limitation of the internet connection you're using at the time?

Does email, interweb, etc all still work when Spotify stops?
Hi Thanks for your reply. Yep all works perfectly so not over cooked my data allowance. Sooooo frustrating as everything is paired up l can only guess it's a connection problem floating on and off but it's a guess guess guess .
Thanks again

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Latest journal entries

Funsters who are viewing this thread

Back