Free Member
Oct 30, 2009
Street, Somerset
Funster No
MH
c class
Exp
on and off 16 years plus
Hi all,perhaps one of you technically minded people out there can give me some advice,my fridge was not working on gas so i removed it turned it upside down round and round cleaned jets out etc and put it back together hey presto it worked.
Great night before our trip back to england,loads up sets off and half way back realize it is now not working on 12v.Since my return to Spain i have tried to sort it ,think my switch was kaput (but not certain) sourcing things out here is not the easiast thing so after many visits to car part shops i cant get a 12v but was sold one for 240v which they said would be ok . Have fitted it a multi meter tells me power is going to the switch when ignition and switch is on but the light on switch doesnt light do you know if it is because it is 240v please,please, Bear in mind i am not very technically minded but willing to have a go
many thanks in anticipation Trevor :cry:

Terry

LIFE MEMBER
Dec 27, 2007
Lincolnshire
Funster No
MH
A class
Exp
Can't remember ;)
Hi Trevor you most likely need the engine running :thumb: It is probably on a relay switch the sends power via alternator when engine is running -- also check for fuses to relay --wire from alternator probably close to battery
terry

OP
OP
T

trevosky

Free Member
Oct 30, 2009
Street, Somerset
Funster No
MH
c class
Exp
on and off 16 years plus
Thanks for that Terry have tried it with engine running what i need here is a tame electricion and lots of patience :thumb:

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

scotjimland

LIFE MEMBER
Jul 25, 2007
Funster No
MH
A Woosh bang
Hi

The light on the switch won't work as it's 230v .. otherwise it should be ok..

you need to test with a multimeter to eliminate the problem ..

With engine running, check you have a 12 v at the switch, if not then it's as Terry suggested.. fuse or faulty relay.

If you have 12v after the switch, then it looks like a duff heating element .. or a bad connection.

The element can be checked using the ohms scale.. if duff it will show an open circuit.

jim

pappajohn

LIFE MEMBER
Aug 26, 2007
Dark side of the moon
Funster No
Exp
Since 2005
you say 12v is getting TO the switch.....is it coming out of the switch to the fridge?

the light wont work as it will be a NEON lamp and only works at 230v.

very easy to replace it with a single 12v LED. just snip the two thin, black wires and connect to an LED.
connect the wires the wrong way and it wont work, connect the other way and it will.:thumb:

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Latest journal entries

Funsters who are viewing this thread

Back