Fridge flame indicator

Discussion in 'Tech/Mech General' started by Douglas, Sep 17, 2009.

1. Douglas

Douglas Read Only Funster

Does anybody know of or has fitted a Flame indicator device to a bog standard Electrolux 3/way fridge.

I find the "look through the hole" Idea that is fitted as standard to be a complete waste of time, by the time you have moved all the food out of the way to see the dam thing you have lost about 3 hours of cooling time out of the box.

Doug...

2. vwalan

vwalan Funster

hi doug ,, if you are having probs with your fridge not working its probably down to the hot weather you are in . they dont like working at about 30degress n above. you need a compressor fridge . see you soon i hope .cheers alan.

3. savantuk

savantuk Read Only Funster

Doug,

I used to have one of these in my old Volkswagen camper. It was next to impossible to se if the flame was alight, even shading the aperture from any light.

I found that the best way was to hold in the 'flame failure device for about 10 seconds, and then press the igniter rapidly. A loud 'POP' from behind the fridge was a pretty reliable sign that the pilot had lit.

4. vwalan

vwalan Funster

i used to have a fridge like it .once lit never turned it off ,only to change bottles . drove all over europe n morocco with it lit .but hot weather it used to cook food not keep it cool . compressor is the way to go.