Friday a.m. (1 Viewer)

Aug 27, 2009
Hertfordshire
Funster No
MH
Van Conversion
Exp
40 years
we pick ours up.....yippeeeeee..were taking the bus to pick her up.....then we can both drive home in her.
We once picked a van up as a couple, the dealer presented my wife with a nice bunch of flowers. When I started the van it displayed just a quarter of a tank of fuel, tight buggers. I handed the flowers back and said I would prefer a full tank of fuel....:) I would check around before you except those flowers..;)

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

OP
OP
Pia

Pia

Free Member
Jan 16, 2017
staffordshire
Funster No
MH
Adria Coral Supreme 680ST
Exp
We once picked a van up as a couple, the dealer presented my wife with a nice bunch of flowers. When I started the van it displayed just a quarter of a tank of fuel, tight buggers. I handed the flowers back and said I would prefer a full tank of fuel....:) I would check around before you except those flowers..;)
Thanks for that Buttons...we're going to recci petrol stations tomorrow. We intend to drive the car over there to find the best way home too.......it's quite a built up area and neither of us have driven anything quite this big before...I have every faith in my OH though he's a good and careful driver and has towed the caravan we've just sold for the last 6 years.:)

Aug 27, 2009
Hertfordshire
Funster No
MH
Van Conversion
Exp
40 years
Thanks for that Buttons...we're going to recci petrol stations tomorrow. We intend to drive the car over there to find the best way home too.......it's quite a built up area and neither of us have driven anything quite this big before...I have every faith in my OH though he's a good and careful driver and has towed the caravan we've just sold for the last 6 years.:)
I'm sure it will be a breeze Pia. It will become second nature before you get to the end of the road. Enjoy your new van you will probably find it will get a lot more use than your caravan did. Have a good day..(y)

Lisa

Funster
LIFE MEMBER
Apr 29, 2014
Lincolnshire
Funster No
MH
Rapido A class
Exp
20th Sept 2014
I bet you won't sleep until then.....Have fun and Enjoy (y)

Reactions: Pia

Paul and Kate

LIFE MEMBER
May 1, 2016
Stoke on trent
Funster No
MH
Auto sleeper Warwick
Exp
Since 2015
@Pia
That's great news I'm sure you'll love it
Just go over everything
When we picked ours up the dealer went through everything we then went over the mh by ourselves and if your unsure about anything ask the dealer to show you again
Where are you collecting from as I noticed your in staffs

OP
OP
Pia

Pia

Free Member
Jan 16, 2017
staffordshire
Funster No
MH
Exp
@Pia
That's great news I'm sure you'll love it
Just go over everything
When we picked ours up the dealer went through everything we then went over the mh by ourselves and if your unsure about anything ask the dealer to show you again
Where are you collecting from as I noticed your in staffs

Thanks..we're picking it up from Cannock...we bought it from Gailey behind Dobbies..thanks for that tip....we'll certainly try to do that....I'll be taking notes so that we can clarify things if necessary...:)

Paul and Kate

LIFE MEMBER
May 1, 2016
Stoke on trent
Funster No
MH
Auto sleeper Warwick
Exp
Since 2015
Thanks..we're picking it up from Cannock...we bought it from Gailey behind Dobbies..thanks for that tip....we'll certainly try to do that....I'll be taking notes so that we can clarify things if necessary...:)
Is that Go European by any chance
If so we've visited a few times never bought anything but they helped us on choosing a layout and type of mh
Nice people to deal with imo

OP
OP
Pia

Pia

Free Member
Jan 16, 2017
staffordshire
Funster No
MH
Exp
Is that Go European by any chance
If so we've visited a few times never bought anything but they helped us on choosing a layout and type of mh
Nice people to deal with imo
Yep...they are really nice... their workshop and garage are in Cannock...that's where they prepare all the motorhomes.

Aug 19, 2014
Cliftonville
Funster No
MH
A Class Burstner
Exp
Since 2014
If it has additional bed made up from front dining seats, get them to show you how to do it....

We picked up our van which had an island bed and the dining/lounge seats convert to a double bed. Problem is we didn't not pay much attention to this when picking up the van ( hardly ever likely to use it) so low and behold 2 months later when our Grandchildren stayed with us, it took us an hour of cushion mosaico to figure it out :D. Even now am not sure we got it right...

OP
OP
Pia

Pia

Free Member
Jan 16, 2017
staffordshire
Funster No
MH
Exp
If it has additional bed made up from front dining seats, get them to show you how to do it....

We picked up our van which had an island bed and the dining/lounge seats convert to a double bed. Problem is we didn't not pay much attention to this when picking up the van ( hardly ever likely to use it) so low and behold 2 months later when our Grandchildren stayed with us, it took us an hour of cushion mosaico to figure it out :D. Even now am not sure we got it right...
Yes....we'll make sure we do that.....we expect to have the grandkids from time to time. I'm making a list of all the stuff we need to know:)

Carol

LIFE MEMBER
Oct 2, 2007
North Wales.
Funster No
MH
A class
Exp
18 years s Motorhome (33years caravans)
Good luck picking the van up always exciting, somewhere in resourses I am sure Jim has a check list for picking up your van. Enjoy.

Neckender

Free Member
Oct 15, 2007
Neckend or North Wales.
Funster No
MH
VW T6.1Kombi day Van
Exp
Since 2004
Good luck with your new van, what model have you bought, we're just going through the motions at the moment of our latest new van, either a Hobby Vantana or a Globecar Campscout.

John.

Debs

LIFE MEMBER
Jun 9, 2014
West Notts
Funster No
MH
A class Adria Vision
Good luck, so exciting & glad to read you're both going to drive it by the sound of things?

I was so glad I drove ours right from the start as I think I'd have found it harder as time went on. I never towed the caravan.

Enjoy & safe travels.

OP
OP
Pia

Pia

Free Member
Jan 16, 2017
staffordshire
Funster No
MH
Exp
Good luck picking the van up always exciting, somewhere in resourses I am sure Jim has a check list for picking up your van. Enjoy.
Thanks, Carol..I'll see if I can find it no point in re-inventing the wheel :)

OP
OP
Pia

Pia

Free Member
Jan 16, 2017
staffordshire
Funster No
MH
Exp
Good luck, so exciting & glad to read you're both going to drive it by the sound of things?

I was so glad I drove ours right from the start as I think I'd have found it harder as time went on. I never towed the caravan.

Enjoy & safe travels.
Thanks for that encouragement. Yes, we're both doing the CC manoevering course early March...so, yes, we will both be driving it.... though my OH will be driving it home....as he has driiven a Luton van or two where as I've only ever driven a Toyota Hiace van.:) I agree it's best to 'start as you mean to go on'...sooooo here we go:whistle:

OP
OP
Pia

Pia

Free Member
Jan 16, 2017
staffordshire
Funster No
MH
Exp
Good luck with your new van, what model have you bought, we're just going through the motions at the moment of our latest new van, either a Hobby Vantana or a Globecar Campscout.

John.
Hi John, we've bought an Adria Coral Supreme 680ST....we just went looking with nothing specific in mind aprart from some 'must have's, in relation to the bed in particular, in the habitation bit... this one ticked most of our boxes, most especially the lay out inside. We would have liked an automatic but they are as scarce as hen's teeth:D so...a bit like a house...as soon as we got inside this one we had a really good feeling.....it was definitely 'us'.:D We sold our Eriba caravan because we wanted a MH and something with a bit more space. Good luck with your search...hope you have a similar experience:D

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Funsters who are viewing this thread

Back