Fresh water pump

Discussion in 'Motorhome Chat' started by kglblue, Jul 21, 2014.

1. kglblue

kglblue Funster

Just bought a 2010 swift escape 622, whilst pleased with the van the flo jet water pump makes a terrible racket. When the pump is working the noise can drown (no pun intended) out the telly. Is it a faulty pump or just a loud pump? I'm going to change it, there is a Fiamma pump described as "silent" anyone know if it's really silent.

2. Minxy Girl

Minxy Girl Funster Life Member

It could simply be that the pump is too 'secure' and is therefore what it is attached to is resonating the noise - try loosening the securing screws a bit and see if that helps.

• Like Like x 1
  3. PP Bear

PP Bear Funster Life Member

I'd have a look and see where it's mounted. It could be that someone else has replaced it, or modified it, and it's now amplifying the pump and making a greater noise than it should be :frowny:

Bit like placing your mobile phone on a works top or bedside cabinet and having it amplified :whatthe:

Could it be possible that you change it, only to find another is just as noisy? :whew:

Is it under any form of warranty? :wasntme:

Good luck and keep us posted :call:

• Like Like x 1
  4. TM59

TM59 Funster

My 2012 Bessacarr (swift) is the same. Mounted to the side wall, very noisy but works fine.

• Like Like x 1
  5. kglblue

kglblue Funster

Thank you Minx and PP Bear, It is indeed screwed up tight against the bulkhead, I'll loosen it this morning and let you know how I get on.

• Like Like x 1
  6. Sheddy

Sheddy Funster

My 2009 Bessacarr E495 was the same, the pump had been mounted by Swift on an internal side panel under a seat which worked like a drum skin when running o_O the pump was very poor on delivery pressure also.
    I remounted it on the floor and removed a number of the right angle bends in the system to improve the flow, eventually I had to change the pump for a more powerful one. We can use the shower now, old pump is kept as a spare. (y)

• Like Like x 2
  7. kglblue

kglblue Funster

Our flow is little better than a trickle too! perhaps it's definitely a change of pump.

8. Jaws

Jaws Funster Life Member

I had the same.. Woman was always complaining but I just cocked a deaf 'un ;)
    In the end it got that bad someone from the van next door asked if we had heard the road drill going during the night !!!

Bought a new pump
    Fitted new pump
    Finished the job and was walking away from the van, old pump in hand, when I thought to look at the old unit.
    The three ( from memory ) screws holding the diaphragm assembly to the body of the pump were all loose !!
    Tightened them back up, went back and refitted the thing and it was as quiet as a quiet thing :doh:

• Like Like x 1