French swimwear ? (1 Viewer)

OP
OP
H
Jun 12, 2022
Funster No
MH
Hymer
Being aware of these rules I always swim in brief swimwear. However a couple of months ago i was swimming in the pool at Le Floride & l'Embouchure site just outside Argeles sur mer when the lifeguard pulled me up to tell me that my swimwear wasn't made of the right material they were cotton polyester but should be Lycra.
Good morning can you recommend any good sites in Argeles sur mer for large MH's ? Cheers

Jan 22, 2012
Wigan
Funster No
MH
Knaus Sun TI 2012
Exp
Good morning can you recommend any good sites in Argeles sur mer for large MH's ? Cheers
We've done a few sites in Argeles over the year and always use acsi sites. We came across this one a few years ago and stayed late August when the crowds were leaving. Fabulous site about a 20 minute walk into the town. Right on the beach with an enormous heated pool. There were some massive pitches in some areas but we used the standard pitches with dividing hedges. Our motorhome is 7.5 metres and we had loads of room. At Camping Le Soleil in Argelès-sur-Mer (Pyrénées-Orientales) camping costs as little as €21,- per night during low season with CampingCard ACSI. At one of the 413 touring pitches you will get a discounted rate during the period 16-05-2023 - 06-07-2023 and 26-08-2023 - 16-09-2023.

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

OP
OP
H
Jun 12, 2022
Funster No
MH
Hymer
We've done a few sites in Argeles over the year and always use acsi sites. We came across this one a few years ago and stayed late August when the crowds were leaving. Fabulous site about a 20 minute walk into the town. Right on the beach with an enormous heated pool. There were some massive pitches in some areas but we used the standard pitches with dividing hedges. Our motorhome is 7.5 metres and we had loads of room. At Camping Le Soleil in Argelès-sur-Mer (Pyrénées-Orientales) camping costs as little as €21,- per night during low season with CampingCard ACSI. At one of the 413 touring pitches you will get a discounted rate during the period 16-05-2023 - 06-07-2023 and 26-08-2023 - 16-09-2023.
Thank you very much appreciated looks really nice 👍

PP Bear

LIFE MEMBER
Apr 5, 2013
Kent, UK
Funster No
MH
Auto Trail Dakota SE
Exp
Well well well..... as a woman... and I hope I'm not going to start something ...hot..here (heated bit of thread that is ...tssss!!!).. I do prefer to admire a man in a boxer short (Riverbankannie the ones you gave a link to) than in anything else. Just think a bit you men... would you like to see all the women with some sort of large bag around their boobs 😜 😜😜😜 :whistle2::whistle2::giggler::giggler::giggler::giggler:...how frustrating!!! Wot??? You really think that, we, women don't look at you men.....Pah you're naive little things!!!:ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO:
Last time I enjoyed such a moment was on my doorstep, a range of sports equipment had been delivered to my doorstep for a member of the Latécoère bureau, who had to undo it all ... :cool::cool::whistle2::whistle2:
;)
I always wear my dark glasses when I’m wearing mine, just look how well they disguise me 🥸

IMG_2523.jpeg

Feb 5, 2022
Scotland
Funster No
MH
Possl 2 win
Exp
40 years
I wanted to visit Monaco in the naive thought that I could afford an F1 ticket!
I stayed in Phillipe llebout (sic) in a delightful walled campsite with its own indoor swimming pool. I decided to have a swim and donned my split leg running shorts with in built mesh underwear and was enjoying a leisurely swim and when I got out to go on the jacuzzi I was informed by another patron that my shorts weren’t allowed! Next day I went to the nearby supermarket and not speaking French I had to mime taking my clothes off and putting trunks on and swimming. The lady at the till got what I meant and after a round of applause from the queue of customers led me to the “bath pants” 👍😁😳

prenteye

Free Member
Feb 9, 2023
Suffolk
Funster No
MH
hymer exsis
Exp
getting stuck down country lanes since 2016
We had to wear bathing cap and Speedo type togs in Foz Spain municipal pool. They sold the caps for a euro or so.

Never wear shorts to swim in - too much effort

Lenny HB

LIFE MEMBER
Oct 18, 2007
On the coast in West Sussex
Funster No
MH
Hymer B678 DL
Exp
Since 2008 & many years tugging
We had to wear bathing cap and Speedo type togs in Foz Spain municipal pool. They sold the caps for a euro or so.

Never wear shorts to swim in - too much effort
Always carry caps in the van, only used them in Itay another place that requires them is Ireland.

NR

Jun 30, 2023
Lincoln, UK
Funster No
MH
Swift Kon-tiki 649
Exp
Since 2019
I was turfed out of the pool for wearing swim shorts and told trunks only!

May 10, 2023
Kent, UK
Funster No
MH
Auto-Trail
Exp
Since 2002
Many years ago I was told I had to wear a swim cap to use a public pool in Wales! (And I wasn’t allowed to swim at more than 20mph ;) )

I can understand the requirement for Speedo type trunks but, let’s be frank, a lot of men are really not a pretty sight in them (me included).

Dec 31, 2017
South East
Funster No
MH
Burstner T690G
Exp
Caravanner 40 years. Motorhome 8
We were on a site in France who banned a Brit from pool because of his swimming shorts, so he went back to van and put his wife’s bikini bottom on. Not a pretty site but he was allowed in pool much to everyone’s amusement (bright yellow they were)😂😂

Oct 10, 2009
Bishop's Stortford
Funster No
MH
Autotrail Delaware
Exp
Since 2011
It’s the material “shorts” are made of that is the problem. As a pool manager for 25 years the issue is with fibres coming away from shorts and blocking the “primary” filter. The water in a pool leaves the pool from the surface and bottom of the deepest part. It then travels through a basket made of fine mesh where ”solids” are caught. The bleach (chlorine) in pool bleaches these so they cannot normally be seen but they mix with “gel” from hair and skin products and slow the water purification process. This means the primary filter has to be cleared more often.
Note that my experience was a long time ago but I don’t think things have changed.

lorger

LIFE MEMBER
Jul 11, 2008
Dumfries
Funster No
MH
Knaus Sun 650MEG
Exp
I was told by a campsite owner it was to do with the metal poppers on some shorts as the can cause damage to slides, to make it easy to police they ban all sports style shorts, you can wear boxer style swimming trunks so no need for budgie smugglers

Jun 22, 2014
Great Totham
Funster No
MH
PVC
Exp
Since 2015
I got asked to get out the pool last year on a campsite in France cos I was wearing swimming shorts. I didn't know it was the law until they made it very clear that it was disgusting and unhygienic.

mikebeaches

LIFE MEMBER
Feb 22, 2010
Bristol
Funster No
MH
Rapido V68 Van Conversion
Exp
Since 2009
It’s the material “shorts” are made of that is the problem. As a pool manager for 25 years the issue is with fibres coming away from shorts and blocking the “primary” filter....
I'm sure nobody on here will be surprised if I suggest wearing your birthday suit is the answer, to avoid all the faffing around. No fibres to clog the filters. :rolleyes:

Probably best done at a naturist resort, however... :LOL: (y)

Last edited:

mikebeaches

LIFE MEMBER
Feb 22, 2010
Bristol
Funster No
MH
Rapido V68 Van Conversion
Exp
Since 2009
mikebeaches Who said anything about heads😱again😁. Actually many French pools do insist bathers wear swim hats.
Touche. ;)

Must admit I hadn't come across the requirement for swim hats in France?

But does it make a difference which part of the anatomy any loose hair comes from - semi-serious question? :unsure:

Oct 10, 2009
Bishop's Stortford
Funster No
MH
Autotrail Delaware
Exp
Since 2011
mikebeaches Re: hair, no. Long hair is much worse than short hair, and any hair with ”product” on it is bad. After saying that, there are other solids that get collected; false nails, rings, earrings, plasters, hairclips, ornamental metal.

prenteye

Free Member
Feb 9, 2023
Suffolk
Funster No
MH
hymer exsis
Exp
getting stuck down country lanes since 2016
I'm sure nobody on here will be surprised if I suggest wearing your birthday suit is the answer, to avoid all the faffing around. No fibres to clog the filters. :rolleyes:

Probably best done at a naturist resort, however... :LOL: (y)
birthday suit always a winner. Less stuff to have to dry out after.

I just hang it up for a while and it’s ready to put away.

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Latest journal entries

Funsters who are viewing this thread

Back