French flashing speed camera's

Discussion in 'Continental Touring' started by Welsh girl, Apr 12, 2013.

1. Welsh girl

Welsh girl Funster Life Member

A French speeding camera flashed us the other day,
    We definitely was not speeding, only doing 55 kilometres an hour and the recommended speed was 70 k .
    I know because I was watching the Snooper which gives us the speed we were doing at the time.
    What happens now?
    We can't prove the speed we were doing but as we were going down a steep hill near the alps Tez.was careful to keep his speed down.

2. Xabia

Xabia Funster

Happened to me 3 times approaching the Spanish border from Bordeaux. Don't worry, that was in October last year and I haven't heard a thing.:BigGrin:

Mike

3. Phill D

Phill D

I got flashed by camera in France motorway last june, was def not speeding. Have heared nothing. Forget it and move on..:thumb:

4. B-well

B-well Funster

they were just testing the bulbs work for the coming summer season. great planning

5. yodeli

yodeli Funster Life Member

Are you sure you were the only one on the line? I mean may be another car was about to overtake you , obviously going faster and was the one flashed!

If you were under the speed limit and IF you receive a fine at home , then let me know , I'll make a complain for you. But I would not worry if I were you! We usually receive them about 3 days later (very quick lol) so if in one month you have nothing, just forget it!

Amicalement

Frankie:Wink:

• Like Like x 1
  6. lindylou

lindylou Funster

I was once flashed in Uk passing a road sweeper at about 80 mph. Never got a ticket but maybe the sweeper did. No I don't normally speed, but was just coming to the end of a bit of dual carriageway and didn't want to get stuck for miles on single track.

Lin:Blush:

7. ukbill

ukbill Funster

you should be ok i been flashed on many of the roads in europe and once or twice near the beach around benidorm as well never cost me owt well the benidorm 1's did i spilt me coke all down me t shirt :Laughing:

8. Ridgeway

Ridgeway Funster

Could the flash have been on a camera for the traffic on the other side of the road ? If the camera was located in the centre of the road it's very difficult to tell which side it was flashing and many cameras are now dual direction.

9. Welsh girl

Welsh girl Funster Life Member

Thanks for the offer Frankie, we were the only one on the road at the time so it definitely flashed at us because I checked the road behind at the time.
    Well ask my daughter to look out for the letter cos we won't be back in the UKor Three months.

:thumb:

Last edited: Apr 13, 2013