Freezzzzzzingggg in the Alps

Discussion in 'Motorhome Chat' started by Romatone, Jan 19, 2013.

1. Romatone

Romatone Read Only Funster

Thanks to those who chose to reply. I am hanging in here but on a slim thread.
    The night before it was -26 and even the fairly fast flowing stream had all but frozen over. Perhaps that's why I slept so well ' cause I couldn't hear it. I have just one days skiing left before I return to good old UK, can't say I'm looking forward to the drive. Does any one know where I can overnight in safety, in Calais. I don't want to collect any un-wanted baggage overnight in the lockers !!

When I get back I will make a posting and perhaps who knows it may help another new-be. Until then Aufweidersehen,

By the way it was ......Absolutely excellent skiing conditions

Romatone

• Like Like x 3
  2. MikeD

MikeD Funster

Wissant

I had a interesting night at the Calais marina aire a month or three ago and when I posted about it was said others used the aire in Wissant.

I have never been there but it is located at:

Accès/adresse :
    Avenue Georges Clémenceau, D940
    62179 WISSANT

Latitude : (Nord) 50.88682° Décimaux ou 50° 53′ 12′′
    Longitude : (Est) 1.67027° Décimaux ou 1° 40′ 12′′

Tarif : 2011
    Gratuite

Its not far away from Calais and I hope it helps.:thumb:

3. Romatone

Romatone Read Only Funster

MikeD

Thanks for that. So the interesting one in Calais what problems do you have?

I drove from Switzerland to Luxembourg yesterday in bad weather, but smiled at the tank station prices. £ 1.02 pee litre. Arrived at this campsite in Arlon, stayed here on my way down and in that bad weather forced me to come back to where I new it was.I have never seen it in the daylight, maybe my previous report on it wasn't a fair. It's 250 miles from Calais and just off the main E25 so it is convenient but haven't used the loo or shower yet so will withhold my judgement. It is reasonable at 16 euro a night and wi fi is free, but only 6 amps electric and there is no earth on the electrical wiring.

I will have a look at the Wissant site. Not sure how far I can make today they have had quite a bit of snow here but it is above freezing at the moment. Anyway thanks again

Romatone

• Like Like x 1
  4. scousebird

scousebird Funster

We stayed at Wissant 01.12.12, lovely Aire close to the town but no water tap. There is a grey water drain with a small round drain cover for loo emptying but you need to use your grey water to rinse. The local buses park overnight there but they came in relatively early in the evening so weren't a problem. We will definitely use it again :Smile:

• Like Like x 1
  5. canopus

canopus Funster Life Member

Cite De Europe - no facilities other than shopping centre. Stayed here several times now - dead handy for the Chunnel

Last edited: Jan 22, 2013
  6. rainbow chasers

rainbow chasers Read Only Funster

Usual advice would be to stay somewhere a little further away from port towns due to unwanted hitch hikers you may pick up. Depends on your outfit though!

Sible Hedingham eh? Other Halfs' family all live around Sible, Castle or Toppesfield!