Free drink offer if you come and join us, calculated risk (1 Viewer)

OP
OP
DavidG58
Feb 24, 2013
Bolsover, Derbyshire
Funster No
MH
Hymer S800
Exp
not long enough
So firstly to prove we really did come here :)

IMG_1415.JPG

even @JJ tried his best to get to join us but they wouldn't let him land :D:D

IMG_1413.JPG

This is the first time I have seen one of the new privatised replacements for the yellow Sea Kings

we then saw these @DuxDeluxe happily wandering around (no BBQ's (y)) they are roe deer not red deer, as confirmed by the local nature reserve wardens who saw them with us

IMG_1418.JPG
IMG_1421.JPG

only stayed for the one night, nobody wanted the free drink, :( the site was truly water logged which Lola did her level best to transfer to the inside of the motorhome, :eek: then saw tomorrows forecast, more rain and wind, so home we came

and the mpg was coincidence, 56mph home, some headwind but not a lot 19.4mpg, it was too much to hope really, just pleased it kept going there and back

tunnel booking now for early Feb, new thread for those travels, thinking of a title??

35th wedding anniversary, (14th Feb) which I have found out is coral, trip is south into France as far as we can get and get back in 18 nights, any help with title gladly received :)

Techno

LIFE MEMBER
Deceased RIP
Jul 28, 2010
Leeds the one up North
Funster No
MH
Rapido 7090F 3 litre 160
Exp
May 2010
Forgot to add, the engine was brilliant, perky and slightly more economic 22.4 on 90 miles run up here, 60 on motorway, drove most of the way expecting a repeat of problems but now feel much more confident :):)
I really hope that is the end of your troubles (y) Best of luck for the future :cool:

TheBig1

LIFE MEMBER
Nov 27, 2011
Dorset
Funster No
MH
A class
Exp
many many years! since I was a kid
wow even got a royal flypast! well possibly it was prince William in his day job

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

Sep 23, 2013
Lincs
Funster No
MH
Globecar Campscout
Exp
Since 2008 (started in a VW T4 campervan)
So firstly to prove we really did come here :)
Double proof - I can confirm that it isn't an old photo - it's got the new price on the board. Used to be £3.
This is the first time I have seen one of the new privatised replacements for the yellow Sea Kings
Based at Humberside Airport. They've build a big new shed for them on the airport boundary.

There is also a helicopter fleet based there that services the off-shore installations in the North Sea.

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Latest journal entries

Funsters who are viewing this thread

Back