• These Classified Forums are now archived, so you cannot add to or edit them. Our New Classified System can be Found Here 

• These Classified Forums are now archived, so you cannot add to or edit them. Our New Classified System can be Found Here 

AUCTION Free £250 Brownhill voucher Free Free (1 Viewer)

RVFUN

Free Member
May 7, 2017
Chatham Kent
Funster No
MH
Swift Champagne 694
Exp
Newbies to motorhoming - purchasedJune 2017
If any funsters are interested in purchasing a new motorhome from Brownhills please contact me as can send you a £250 off voucher.
We have just picked up our new champagne motorhome from Brownhills and they were the cheapest dealer. If you use the £250 voucher we also get £250 to spend so a win win situation if anyone wants one as have a few to give away. We would recommend Brownhills as such a big dealer prices are competitive.
Please message me if interested in voucher.
Debbie

JockandRita

LIFE MEMBER
Aug 2, 2007
Lincs/Cambs border
Funster No
MH
N+B Flair 8000i
Exp
Since May 05 (Ex Tuggers).
Broonfools Brownhills had such a bad name at one time, I vowed that I wouldn't even buy a packet of fuses from them. :( It is good to see some positivity in their name, and I hope their after sales service is as good as their initial purchase deals.

@RVFUN, good luck with the uptake of the vouchers. (y)

Cheers,

Jock. :)

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

Nov 30, 2009
Pickering
Funster No
MH
PVC the PUG
Exp
Since 2009 with motorhomes several caravans then tents before that.
So
If any funsters are interested in purchasing a new motorhome from Brownhills please contact me as can send you a £250 off voucher.
We have just picked up our new champagne motorhome from Brownhills and they were the cheapest dealer. If you use the £250 voucher we also get £250 to spend so a win win situation if anyone wants one as have a few to give away. We would recommend Brownhills as such a big dealer prices are competitive.
Please message me if interested in voucher.
Debbie
So for every £250 voucher you give away , you personally get £250 to spend ?
Good way of them actually getting people through the doors .

OP
OP
RVFUN

RVFUN

Free Member
May 7, 2017
Chatham Kent
Funster No
MH
Swift Champagne 694
Exp
They were the cheapest so we would buy again from them. Some staff were fantastic like the guy who did our handover who was a font of all knowledge unfortunately I have forgotten his name but he knew his stuff & our handover was 2hrs long & exemplary. All the guys in the handover & valeting team were really really helpful resolving any teething issues so a big thank you to all of them including manager Gary Mangan. We wouldn't deal with our sales man L again though as he wasn't straight with us telling us equipment not on the vehicle that wasn't there like spare wheel. We met another customer of his that experienced the same as us & was cross as well as had to order a spare wheel and tyre not cheap at over £600 - we stuck with our puncture repair can kit.We realised our spec after we ordered once we re read our swift specific booklet. Our salesman L was also more than awkward about our collection date & time so we ended up dealing with managers directly which was a totally different & a superior experience. We were on the verge of cancelling our order however they went out of their way to make things right for us. After spending almost 50 k we got a simple email from our rude salesman are you collecting on blah blah date or not - that was literally it I was furious yet at purchase we were promised we could collect at a convenient date time with 2 weeks notice & come & watch a show. It seemed to us as if our collection was purposely delayed on our particular vehicle as there were none of our model in the showroom. Our vehicle was meant to be brand new but we were told our carpets had been shampooed which was an odd thing to happen as carpets should have been new & unused.They are a very busy dealership so as we found out the hard way within minutes the shows were all booked so we had no chance of combining collection & seeing any of them. We used the stop over facilities which is really just a car park but that was fine for us as we just wanted to make sure we checked everything was ok before we left the site & drove home. Our issues were all regarding promises made at point of sale however price wise we couldn't beat them so I would still recommend them as long as you thoroughly check motorhome for snagging as we did before paying & I would check manufacturer written specification rather than listening to everything you are told by the salesman who could have sold snow to an eskimo. I paid in full as they don't accept credit cards however in hindsight for consumer protection purposes it would have been sensible to have had a tiny finance agreement just incase.

Langtoftlad

LIFE MEMBER
Apr 12, 2011
Langtoft, South Lincs
Funster No
MH
WildAx Aurora FB [PVC]
Exp
Since 2015
I paid in full as they don't accept credit cards however in hindsight for consumer protection purposes it would have been sensible to have had a tiny finance agreement just incase.
Section 75 of the Consumer Credit Act only gives protection up to £30k, so you wouldn't have been covered even if using a credit card.

Minxy

LIFE MEMBER
Aug 22, 2007
E Yorks
Funster No
MH
Carthago Compactline
Exp
Since 1996, had Elddis/Swift/Rapido/Rimor/Chausson MHs. Autocruise/Globecar PVCs/Compactline i-138
I can't really understand this thread! First you are recommending Brownhills then go into depth about the problems you've had ... I'm confused! :confused:

Delboyarapaho

LIFE MEMBER
Dec 17, 2013
Herts UK
Funster No
MH
Carthago Liner for T
Exp
Since 2013
Only give you vouchers to anyone who you don't know and will never meet. they may have changed (God knows they needed to) but our experience (admittedly 3 years ago now) was the handover was rushed, the salesman promised everything and delivered not very much and their aftersales was inept. Their facility for handovers is fantastic but trying to get service from their extensive service department is like pulling hens teeth. I wouldn't take a voucher from you if you paid me to although as you say they have always had a reputation for offering good vfm when buying!

Jun 30, 2011
Barnard Castle, UK
Funster No
MH
Concorde Concerto
Exp
Since 2007
If anyone goes ahead and uses this voucher then don't mention it at all until you have negotiated a deal, then finally mention it at the very end when paying.

Feb 4, 2016
West Sussex, UK
Funster No
MH
Hymer B680 Starline
Exp
Long term a few years now.
Maybe just me but i would never buy from a dealer .The folks who do fair play its your money to spend however you want.

Just my opinion (y)

OP
OP
RVFUN

RVFUN

Free Member
May 7, 2017
Chatham Kent
Funster No
MH
Swift Champagne 694
Exp
Price wise they were the best therefore we would buy again from them & I agree - do the deal and then show the voucher. Motor homes are so expensive anything off helps. We will most likely be getting it serviced locally as so far away in any case.
We are happy with what we got for what we paid as looked & looked & couldn't match it even if we had imported. But if you are fully informed before you buy you can be fully prepared to fully snag it at handover & be prepared to wait a week or so if everything is not to your satisfaction to enable collection. They told us they sell 25 motorhomes a week so are really busy so that probably has a knock on affect on after sales but if you know that you are prepared. Everything we raised got resolved eventually & the handover team in our opinion couldn't be faulted it was sales staff that disappointed us as didn't appear to know everything about each model which is not surprising when they are probably commission based selling so many. They weren't perfect but overall we are pleased we bought from them so yes I would recommend them as long as you are prepared to stand up for yourself to ensure everything is right as we did as it is a lot to spend so you want everything detail as it should be. You could go to a smaller dealer get better customer service but pay more for the same. I guess you pay more for better customer service.We were happy & if they sell so many a week you are going to hear a few negative comments as you rarely hear when things go as they should.

OP
OP
RVFUN

RVFUN

Free Member
May 7, 2017
Chatham Kent
Funster No
MH
Swift Champagne 694
Exp
Our model was excellent - the Champagne 694 - as it had so many Brownhills extras which the other dealer specials just didn't have & we got other extras on that we weren't expecting & weren't even on the specification sheet such as extra electric sockets & cab seat reading lights. We are really pleased with our model and layout & still keep finding extra equipment we didn't realise was on our van such as cool air fans throughout which will be useful for us as heading off to Spain soon.

OP
OP
RVFUN

RVFUN

Free Member
May 7, 2017
Chatham Kent
Funster No
MH
Swift Champagne 694
Exp
Free to any Funsters buying a motorhome from Brownhills - just private message me address & will post.

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Latest journal entries

Funsters who are viewing this thread

Back