Ford tranny HSA question

Discussion in 'Motorhome Chat' started by ips, Mar 16, 2010.

1. ips

ips Read Only Funster

Had MH since june 09 and have never noticed the little green indicator (between speedo and tacho) of a vehicle going up/down a hill. I assume its summat to do with the hill start assist. I noticed it when reversing onto my hard standing at home (which is deliberately on an incline to allow water to run off roof.) Funny thet I have never seen it before. Can anyone shed any light on it ????

2. Wadems

Wadems Read Only Funster

Hello!
    When this light appears it indicates that HLA(Hill Launch Assist) is active. Vehicle is on a gradient steep enough to be recognised by slope sensor buried within the modulation system. In this instance when you pull away there is no need to use the handbrake as hydraulic pressure is maintained within the brake system for approx 4sec until enough engine torque is generate to move vehicle and then release pressure. If you release brake and do not attempt to pull away vehicle will hold and then after the 4 brakes will release.

There you go!

3. Scotties

Scotties Funster Life Member

HSA trany light ...

Thanks Wadems, I thought it was just there to warn me I forgot to put the h/brake on. The one thing about the site, you learn something every day:thumb:

Richard