For those who use the French Toll roads. (1 Viewer)

Salamander

Free Member
Mar 2, 2012
Somerset
Funster No
MH
Bailey 745 SE
Exp
10 years
No they aren't. They might not bother but it is as strict if not more so than France. Any weight with single axle but double wheels is class 2 . any with double wheels + trailer is same as an artic.

Ligeros • Motocicletas con o sin sidecar. • Vehículos de turismo sin remolque, o con remolque, sin rueda gemela (doble neumático). • Furgones, furgonetas y microbuses de 2 ejes y 4 ruedas.

Light Motorbikes with/without sidecars, cars with /without trailer & without double rear wheels.Vans , vans with rear seats& windows minibuses with 2 axles & 4 wheels.

Pesados 1 • Camiones y autocares de 2 ejes. • Camiones y autocares de 3 ejes y de 2 ejes con remolque de 1 eje. • Turismos, furgones, furgonetas y microbuses (todos ellos de 2 ejes, 4 ruedas), con remolque de 1 eje con rueda gemela (doble neumático).

Heavy 1
Lorries & buses of 2 axles.Lorries & minibus with 3 axles with single axle trailer
Cars, vans, vans with windows, minibus ( all of them with 2 axles & 4 wheels) with single axle trailers having twin wheels.

Pesados 2 • Camiones y autocares, con o sin remolque, con un total de 4 ejes o más. • Turismos, furgones, furgonetas y microbuses (todos ellos con 2 ejes, 4 ruedas), con remolque de 2 o más ejes y, al menos, 1 eje con rueda gemela (doble neumático).

Heavy 2
Lorries & buses, with/without trailer , with 4 axles or more
Cars, vans, vans with windows,mini buses ( all of them having 2 axles & 4 wheels) with trailer with 2 axles or more& , at least 1 axle with double wheels.

Thanks for the information
That's quite a lot to take in
I guess I would be Heavy 1?? or would it be the one above??
Single rear axle

Aug 18, 2014
Lorca,Murcia,Spain
Funster No
MH
Transit PVC
Exp
16 years since restarting
I don't think they can be bothered ,or it is too confusing for them also & most go through as cars.

ianandkath

Free Member
Jun 4, 2015
spain/uk
Funster No
MH
a class
Exp
2 years
just looked at the tolltickets site and have filled the forms in ready for our year long tour starting in may

Steve N Tracy

LIFE MEMBER
Jun 1, 2015
Southampton
Funster No
MH
A Class
Exp
4 Years
Do all of these charge a monthly fee? If so is it only in the months you use it or every month?
ATMB only charge a fee on top of the standard toll price for the months you use the tag so if your not using it no monthly fee.
Last year it was 1.60 euro per month so we paid in total 3.20 monthly charge for 2 trips June and September.

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

Jul 5, 2013
Tunbridge Wells, Tunbridge Wells, UK
Funster No
MH
A class
Exp
Since 2013
Thanks for all your help. I am thinking of getting one but not sure on payment.

How do you pay the ATMB charge? Is it by credit or debit card or standing order with bank. Do they convert it into £ or does the bank or card company and is there any charge for that?

Steve N Tracy

LIFE MEMBER
Jun 1, 2015
Southampton
Funster No
MH
A Class
Exp
4 Years
Thanks for all your help. I am thinking of getting one but not sure on payment.

How do you pay the ATMB charge? Is it by credit or debit card or standing order with bank. Do they convert it into £ or does the bank or card company and is there any charge for that?
I registered a debit card on there web site after the tag had arrived, they handle the transaction through my bank the charge has always seemed quite reasonable. about £2.77 on the last transaction of £103.02.

May 1, 2015
Caerphilly
Funster No
MH
Rapido C86 Auto
Exp
Since 2014
Registered a Post Office credit card during sign up with ATMB, so no transaction charges.
Also because of the time it takes for ATMB to invoice me can be up to two months before I have to pay :)

Nov 3, 2016
Derbyshire, UK
Funster No
MH
Bailey Autograph
Exp
Since 2016
Mine arrived today. Happy

BUT

Can anyone read the info that comes as its in French? Is there anything I need to know or is it just general crap.

Steve N Tracy

LIFE MEMBER
Jun 1, 2015
Southampton
Funster No
MH
A Class
Exp
4 Years
Just a standard welcome mail, you just need to log onto the ATMB web site using Chrome which will translate most it to English enter the tag number and the password they will have sent you by email, hit "valider" and you can now check you address details email, enter your credit card number etc.
And that's it until that buttock clenching moment as you approach the first toll barrier with it on the screen :think:

Nov 3, 2016
Derbyshire, UK
Funster No
MH
Bailey Autograph
Exp
Since 2016
enter the tag number and the password they will have sent you by email, hit "valider" and you can now check you address details email, enter your credit card number etc. :think:

hmm

Never got an email other than the conformation email when ordered. I did register a card details when I did that though. Was that just for the €3 shipping or was that also for the tolls going forwards?

Shame its not in English :(

Jul 5, 2013
Funster No
MH
A class
Exp
Since 2013
Looking at the ATMB website the tag is identical to the one that I used to have for the Dartford Tunnel before they brought in the ANPR system. I bet none of their communications were sent in French!

Steve N Tracy

LIFE MEMBER
Jun 1, 2015
Southampton
Funster No
MH
A Class
Exp
4 Years
When I registered for the tag the initial card payment was only for the postage I received a email with my tag number and password before the tag arrived.
Have you checked your spam folder?

Jul 5, 2013
Funster No
MH
A class
Exp
Since 2013
Just one concern. When I look at the ATMB website the offer suggests that it is for "light" vehicles only, which are class 1. Motorhomes are class 2, which is defined as "intermediary". Can you use it with Class 2 and do you have the opportunity when registering to state what class the vehicle is?

Steve N Tracy

LIFE MEMBER
Jun 1, 2015
Southampton
Funster No
MH
A Class
Exp
4 Years
Been using one for 4 years car and Caravan Class 2 and motor home less the 3 metres and under 3500 kg.
As the old tag was 4 years old and the internal battery was getting old I ordered a new tag last week as the only way to change a old one seems to be going into the customer service center at Nangy,
The new one arrived Saturday and is now all set up ready for our next trip.

golfcarmad

Free Member
Feb 2, 2015
Wirral
Funster No
MH
Lunar Roadstar 620
Exp
3 years +
I read this thread about 40 minutes ago,considering going over to France this year,registered on ATMB website,took 3 minutes-all done and dusted,Tag in post,if never used,no charge.Thanks for advice.

May 1, 2015
Caerphilly
Funster No
MH
Rapido C86 Auto
Exp
Since 2014
hmm

Never got an email other than the conformation email when ordered. I did register a card details when I did that though. Was that just for the €3 shipping or was that also for the tolls going forwards?

Shame its not in English :(

Charge is for shipping only
As previously mentioned ,if you use Chrome to access the log-in page then right click the page and click "Translate to English" you can view your details ,invoices etc

Nov 3, 2016
Derbyshire, UK
Funster No
MH
Bailey Autograph
Exp
Since 2016
Follow up info.

I just spoke with a lady at ATMB in France (she spoke english thankfully)

I asked about the missing email to register a card and she said they already had my card details. It was the one I used when I registered. Turns out its now not just for the postage they also use that one for the billing. She was able to confirm the expiry date for me so its definitely logged.

I just need to sign and date the form and return with a copy of my ID (Passport) and its all done.

Fingers crossed for that first barrier now.

wingman

Free Member
Feb 10, 2013
Romford, Essex
Funster No
MH
Coachbuilt Lo-Profile
Exp
Since 2012
I do just two trips to France per year. MH is 7m12cm.
Q1. Is my veh still Class 2?
Q2. Is it worth getting a tag? I would like one because I it's so awkward for the wife having to hang out and get the ticket/pay etc.

Kevan

LIFE MEMBER
Jan 18, 2014
Kent and south west France
Funster No
MH
van conversion
Exp
30 years caravan/motorhome
I do just two trips to France per year. MH is 7m12cm.
Q1. Is my veh still Class 2?
Q2. Is it worth getting a tag? I would like one because I it's so awkward for the wife having to hang out and get the ticket/pay etc.
You should be group 2 but, What height are you that's the most important thing if over three meters you will be group 3, as long as you only have two axle's your weight does not really matter as they can not check it, then group 2, would not go anywhere without a tag.

Steve N Tracy

LIFE MEMBER
Jun 1, 2015
Southampton
Funster No
MH
A Class
Exp
4 Years
Less the 3 mtr high, no more then 3500kg and a single rear axle your class 2, the tag is one of the best things we ever got for traveling in France after the bottle opener.

wingman

Free Member
Feb 10, 2013
Romford, Essex
Funster No
MH
Coachbuilt Lo-Profile
Exp
Since 2012
Thanks @Kevan
Apart from the odd disagreement, I seem to go through on Class 2 when I pay. The MH is 3.1m high and rated at 3500Kg.

Kevan

LIFE MEMBER
Jan 18, 2014
Kent and south west France
Funster No
MH
van conversion
Exp
30 years caravan/motorhome
Thanks @Kevan
Apart from the odd disagreement, I seem to go through on Class 2 when I pay. The MH is 3.1m high.[/QUOTE

that should be OK, I am going to remove my sat dome, and put a fold down one up top should get me to about your height, my length 8 meters. I use Sanef tag when i am not towing, when towing on a-frame use tolltickets tag, because i then have four axle's.

Oct 11, 2016
Bognor Regis
Funster No
MH
Bailey Adamo 69-4
Exp
6 years
I've just ordered mine and received a reply with a PDF in French. From what I can see it's some form of contract but I cannot get it to translate. Anybody else had this and know a way around it?

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Latest journal entries

Funsters who are viewing this thread

Back