Free Member
Jul 26, 2007
Europe
Funster No
MH
yes
Exp
Since before Motorhomefun
I bought it in error at the Xmas raffle.

Vanbitz Battery Master
These retail at around £70.00

Link Removed
So often there is a surplus of battery power in your leisure battery, and this “surplus” goes to waste. With today’s electrical sophistication of the chassis part of the motorhome, it’s not surprising that many people fear flat batteries and being stranded, unable to start the engine. Battery Master will help alleviate those worries. Put simply, whenever there is a surplus of power in the leisure battery, Battery Master will take the excess and safely top up the engine battery irrespective of whether the excess is the result of your Solar Charger, a Built-in Mains Charger, or even the natural discharge of the engine battery over a period of time. Battery Master will never allow power from your engine battery to flow into your leisure battery.
Fit and forget solution to flat batteries - to see you through those long winter months or any other extended period when the van is not used. Allows vital chassis components (immobilisers, clocks, radio memories, security systems etc) to 'share' the load with the leisure batteries.

Will allow charging to the engine batteries On-Off mains hook-up. When solar panels are fitted it gives all the batteries (chassis or engine) installed into the motorhome a 'solar charge'.

BATTERY MASTER will never allow power to be taken from the engine battery to the leisure battery. Fully waterproof, British Made and Designed easy to install, comes complete with fitting kit and instructions.
Question: Will Battery Master work with a solar panel?
Answer: Yes, most certainly. It could have been made for it. As the solar panel increases the voltage in the leisure battery, so the excess charge is stored away in the engine battery.

Question: Will it work the other way and flatten the engine battery?
Answer: An emphatic NO. Battery Master will only take power from the leisure battery, never the other way around.

Question: Will it work without mains hook-up?
Answer: Yes. It is designed that when the engine battery drops half a volt below the leisure battery, Battery Master automatically adjusts the charge and tops up the engine battery.

Question: Does this mean that I could leave my van for longer in the winter without the fear of a flat engine battery?
Answer: Yes.

Question: Is it easy to fit?
Answer: Anyone who understands basic 12 volt circuitry can fit it.

Kon tiki

Free Member
Oct 11, 2007
North Wales
Funster No
MH
Low Line
Exp
20+
Sounds like just what I need also have a few bits & pieces we could do with selling, we were thinking of going to this rally but had a phone call today & I have to go to hospital on the Saturday for some tests.

OP
OP
Road Runner

Road Runner

Free Member
Jul 26, 2007
Europe
Funster No
MH
yes
Exp
Since before Motorhomefun