Food on Stenna Ferries to Hook of Holland (1 Viewer)

Apr 3, 2019
UK
Funster No
MH
Burstner Travel Van
Exp
Few years now
Hi
We will be travelling to the HoH on Sat evening with Stenna. Anyone used the crossings recently and care to comment on the food offerings on board.
Thanks
Howard

Feb 5, 2014
mid-Norfolk
Funster No
MH
A class
Exp
since 2006
We always take a picnic and our own hot drinks 🙄
Originally we bought things but quickly decided that they weren’t good value and the coffee wasn’t to our taste. I think they started charging €1 for a cup of boiling water.

Sorry that was not a lot of help

Gordon

Apr 21, 2014
Hertford
Funster No
MH
PVC
Exp
9years
Just back from a day trip to Hoek. Had Breakfast / Lunch / Evening and Breakfast in a row and was really surprised by how good the food was. Travelled on the Britannica both ways and she has not always been the best for food so I was dreading it a bit. The Breakfast Buffet is 16 Euro but has good quality self service fry up, toast, croissants and cereals fruits and yoghurts and tea, coffee, juice etc included and is unlimited as my grandson enjoyed to the full. Only 8 Euro for children. Could set you up for the day. For a ferry I felt 16 Euro was really good value and perhaps surprisingly I would say better than Brittany Ferries Bretagne when I last sailed earlier this year. Lunch was smaller as the grandson was quite full but we shared a Margherita which I felt was one of the best Pizza's not in a proper Italian restaurant that I had for a long time. Light dough, plenty of topping and freshly cooked and so piping hot. Evening I had the vegetable chilli which was tasty, served with a very good quantity of rice and had avocado and a topping of mixed veg. As you can see I was very impressed and well fed. Stena seem to have sorted out the food service really well. Now they need to sort out the port side engine to keep time and all will be well.

OP
OP
Howard B
Apr 3, 2019
UK
Funster No
MH
Burstner Travel Van
Exp
Few years now
Just back from a day trip to Hoek. Had Breakfast / Lunch / Evening and Breakfast in a row and was really surprised by how good the food was. Travelled on the Britannica both ways and she has not always been the best for food so I was dreading it a bit. The Breakfast Buffet is 16 Euro but has good quality self service fry up, toast, croissants and cereals fruits and yoghurts and tea, coffee, juice etc included and is unlimited as my grandson enjoyed to the full. Only 8 Euro for children. Could set you up for the day. For a ferry I felt 16 Euro was really good value and perhaps surprisingly I would say better than Brittany Ferries Bretagne when I last sailed earlier this year. Lunch was smaller as the grandson was quite full but we shared a Margherita which I felt was one of the best Pizza's not in a proper Italian restaurant that I had for a long time. Light dough, plenty of topping and freshly cooked and so piping hot. Evening I had the vegetable chilli which was tasty, served with a very good quantity of rice and had avocado and a topping of mixed veg. As you can see I was very impressed and well fed. Stena seem to have sorted out the food service really well. Now they need to sort out the port side engine to keep time and all will be well.
Brilliant, thanks for the comprehensive response.

Apr 12, 2012
N/E Lincs
Funster No
MH
Autosleeper Rienza
Exp
as above
When I crossed last September we had tea in Harwich before boarding. We had a decent breakfast before arriving to give us more traveling time before needing a break.

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

meanders

Funster - Life Member
LIFE MEMBER
Jun 28, 2008
Ipswich, Suffolk
Funster No
MH
C class
Exp
Since 2004
Last time we did the crossing 4 years back, we came back on the Stena Trader which is primarily for trucks. Food was free, served throughout and fantastic quality and quantity. A lot better than most roadside establishments. Quite an eye opener from the outbound trip.

Edit to add. They also gave us vouchers to use in the shop as we were not on the proper ship. 😀

Aug 10, 2012
cambridge
Funster No
MH
Globecar
Exp
since2001
Not Stena but DFDS Harwich to Hook of Holland
Booked a nice cabin, dinner and breakfast….not cheap but ,
Arrived at 8pm, checked in….. and the waited on the quayside until 1050pm to board🙁 as we had a small trailer on the back and were put with the trucks 😡
Ate dinner at 1130pm and bauked breakfast at 6am 😵
Great food ! , horrendous timings. We have done our best to avoid DFDS (and P&O) ever since

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Latest journal entries

Funsters who are viewing this thread

Back