onthebeach

Formerly 'Leggo'
Jul 19, 2009
Southern Spain
Funster No
Exp
5 yrs
Hi can anyone help,

I am a keen fisherman and I am travelling to Germany this year. Does anyone know about having a license to fish ie cost etc.

I have heard that a visitor to Germany does not require one but I am not sure.

Any advise or tips on the rivers would be very welcome?

onthebeach:thumb:

pappajohn

LIFE MEMBER
Aug 26, 2007
Dark side of the moon
Funster No
Exp
Since 2005
yes, you can but you wont like this bit...

Tourist and temporary licences

Tourists and visitors may also apply for a tourist fishing licence from a fishing club. This should be arranged before travelling to Germany so that time is allowed to arrange dates and instructors for the tourist fishing exam. The process is similar, but the licence is issued directly on completion of the exam and is valid for a limited time period only. Tourist fishing licences are valid for one week, two weeks or one month.
Recently, due to the large number of tourists wanting to fish in Germany, several federal states have abolished the licence requirements altogether. At present, in the former Eastern German states, Brandenburg and Mecklenburg-Vorpommern, anglers need only buy a fishing permit to fish.
Note: When fishing, failure to produce a fishing licence to the respective authorities (marine police, forest officials and so on) may lead to huge fines. The reason is that more than one law is being broken (nature protection, theft, animal cruelty, and others).

And this..for details of the fishing exam.

Link Removed

Last edited:
OP
OP
onthebeach

onthebeach

Formerly 'Leggo'
Jul 19, 2009
Southern Spain
Funster No
Exp
5 yrs
Thankyou Pappajohn for your quick reply.

Husband is out at the moment but after reading your reply, I think he may decided to stay in France fishing and only visit Germany now.

onthebeach:thumb:

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

johnmy

Free Member
Jul 10, 2009
germany
Funster No
MH
US Euroliner
Exp
about 20
I live in Germany for over 40 years. I have had a fishing licence since the time before it became compulsory for non licensed fishers to do the course and pass the test. I took the test later because various areas refused to issue permits. If you wish you can fish at 'put and take' lakes and at the North Sea and Baltic coast without a licence. In Germany you are only allowed to return undersized or fish that are out of season. In the East German Mecklenburg Vorpommern visitors can have a limited tourist licence without a test . It costs 20 Euros plus permit fees for the appropriate water (if necessary). Denmark is better, an annual licence can be bought at any post office andover 65's get it for free.. Tight lines
John

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Latest journal entries

Funsters who are viewing this thread

Back